The real star products of the FA are the players' haircare
When England striker Wayne Rooney headed in the only goal of the game against Ukraine, the once-balding striker celebrated by pretending to squirt something on his newly-hair-implanted head. The move, Rooney revealed, was inspired by a bit of pre-match bonding with a long-haired team mate.
"I used a bit of Andy Carroll's product," he said. "Hopefully I will end up with hair like him."
As yet, it's unclear whether this greatest of optimists will be keeping Dax hairwax, or Aveda's Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment, next to his scowl-lift cream. But any hope of a hair gel endorsement deal, may have hit the rocks after Nicky Clarke – hair stylist to the stars – declared yesterday that Rooney was wrong to use the same stuff as his hirsute colleague. "Wayne doesn't need serum-type stuff, unless he was aiming for that oily look, which he shouldn't be," Clarke, told The Telegraph yesterday. Adding, "He should be aiming for things to have a much more even texture; either slightly matt or slightly mid-sheen."
But having said that, Carroll scored with his head against Sweden, so perhaps the whole team should be wearing the magic "product" when they face Italy on Sunday. Scrap that, maybe the whole nation should.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Data Management, Dat...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer (WPF...