The real star products of the FA are the players' haircare
When England striker Wayne Rooney headed in the only goal of the game against Ukraine, the once-balding striker celebrated by pretending to squirt something on his newly-hair-implanted head. The move, Rooney revealed, was inspired by a bit of pre-match bonding with a long-haired team mate.
"I used a bit of Andy Carroll's product," he said. "Hopefully I will end up with hair like him."
As yet, it's unclear whether this greatest of optimists will be keeping Dax hairwax, or Aveda's Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment, next to his scowl-lift cream. But any hope of a hair gel endorsement deal, may have hit the rocks after Nicky Clarke – hair stylist to the stars – declared yesterday that Rooney was wrong to use the same stuff as his hirsute colleague. "Wayne doesn't need serum-type stuff, unless he was aiming for that oily look, which he shouldn't be," Clarke, told The Telegraph yesterday. Adding, "He should be aiming for things to have a much more even texture; either slightly matt or slightly mid-sheen."
But having said that, Carroll scored with his head against Sweden, so perhaps the whole team should be wearing the magic "product" when they face Italy on Sunday. Scrap that, maybe the whole nation should.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: One of the largest mobile advert...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client specialises in creati...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Private Cli...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residential...