Ursula Andress voted number one 'bikini goddess'
Thursday 20 August 2009
Former Bond girl Ursula Andress has been named the ultimate ‘Bikini Goddess’ in a new poll of British women.
The poll of 1,000 women, conducted by Gillette Venus Embrace to celebrate the 60th birthday of the bikini, revealed that Andress’ figure is the one women would most like to emulate.
Andress, who played Honey Ryder opposite Sean Connery in the first Bond film Dr No in 1962, was followed in the poll by Kelly Brook, Brigitte Bardot and Dame Helen Mirren.
According to women in the survey, Elle Macpherson has the best legs, Halle Berry has the most attractive face and Kelly Brook has the best breasts.
The poll also showed that nine out of 10 women dread wearing a bikini on the beach.
'It shows curves are not just appreciated by men but that it is women who feel this is the look they should aim for and not just try to be thin,' said Holly Chaves, of Gillette Venus Embrace .
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...