Versace, Dolce, Pucci, Gucci, Prada... Italian fashion's mightiest flex their muscles with this season's sportswear-inspired pieces
Versace, Armani, Gucci, Prada, Fendi: these names resonate with power.
Why? Because Italian fashion is composed of power-houses, of designers flexing their might and asserting the strength and dominance of Milan as a fashion capital.
That was the message evident from the spring/summer 2014 shows, in any case, where Italian designers spoke with a strong, convincing voice about their place on the world stage.
After several seasons where Milan seemed to lose its mojo, the athleticism of this year's Italian shows seemed a riposte to doubters, boldly declaring that Italy was still in the race.
Here, photographer Ruth Hogben captures the dynamic vitality of the spring Italian collections on the body of an athlete, rather than a model, the perfect foil for clothing that fuses high-fashion with high-performance sportswear...
Photography: Ruth Hogben
Styling: Celestine Cooney
Model: Georgia Simmons at NGM Models Management
Hair: Tony Collins at Streeters
Make-up: Laura Dominique at Streeters
Manicure: Adam Slee at Streeters
Camera Assistance: Laura Falconer and Chloe Orefice
Styling Assistance: Poppie Clinch, Josie Hall and Callum Knight
Runner: Jana Otte
Retouching: Emma Tunstill at Touch Digital
Production: Gelardin Management
Studio and lighting: Rida Studios
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...