Vivienne Westwood shoes: An exhibition
Tuesday 24 August 2010
“Shoes must have very high heels and platforms to put women’s beauty on a pedestal,” said fashion designer Vivienne Westwood.
But conversely it is Westwood’s iconic killer heels, winkle pickers and gravity-defying boots which will be placed on a pedestal to have their beauty admired at a new exhibition her footwear due to open this week.
Selfridges in London will present “the most extensive selection” of Westwood’s shoes ever to be showcased in the UK, spanning the evolution of her style from 1973 to the present.
Nearly 200 shoes, including the 1993 Super Elevated Gillie (right) – famous for causing Naomi Campbell to take a catwalk tumble--, will be displayed at Selfridges’ permanent arts and exhibition space The Ultralounge from Thursday.
Vivienne Westwood Shoes: An exhibition - 1973-2010' opens 26 August until 22 September, The Ultralounge, Selfridges London, admisssion free. Supported by Melissa.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...