Vivienne Westwood shoes: An exhibition
Tuesday 24 August 2010
“Shoes must have very high heels and platforms to put women’s beauty on a pedestal,” said fashion designer Vivienne Westwood.
But conversely it is Westwood’s iconic killer heels, winkle pickers and gravity-defying boots which will be placed on a pedestal to have their beauty admired at a new exhibition her footwear due to open this week.
Selfridges in London will present “the most extensive selection” of Westwood’s shoes ever to be showcased in the UK, spanning the evolution of her style from 1973 to the present.
Nearly 200 shoes, including the 1993 Super Elevated Gillie (right) – famous for causing Naomi Campbell to take a catwalk tumble--, will be displayed at Selfridges’ permanent arts and exhibition space The Ultralounge from Thursday.
Vivienne Westwood Shoes: An exhibition - 1973-2010' opens 26 August until 22 September, The Ultralounge, Selfridges London, admisssion free. Supported by Melissa.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to cost the same, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the word become popular?
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will be working with a 8 st...
£8000 - £12000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A unique opportunity has arisen ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a pa...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This provider of designer kitch...