Vivienne Westwood shoes: An exhibition
Tuesday 24 August 2010
“Shoes must have very high heels and platforms to put women’s beauty on a pedestal,” said fashion designer Vivienne Westwood.
But conversely it is Westwood’s iconic killer heels, winkle pickers and gravity-defying boots which will be placed on a pedestal to have their beauty admired at a new exhibition her footwear due to open this week.
Selfridges in London will present “the most extensive selection” of Westwood’s shoes ever to be showcased in the UK, spanning the evolution of her style from 1973 to the present.
Nearly 200 shoes, including the 1993 Super Elevated Gillie (right) – famous for causing Naomi Campbell to take a catwalk tumble--, will be displayed at Selfridges’ permanent arts and exhibition space The Ultralounge from Thursday.
Vivienne Westwood Shoes: An exhibition - 1973-2010' opens 26 August until 22 September, The Ultralounge, Selfridges London, admisssion free. Supported by Melissa.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...