Why brand Beckham rules the catwalk
After performing live to millions during the Olympics closing ceremony, you might not expect Victoria Beckham to be daunted by an audience of hundreds. But the spectators at her New York Fashion Week show on Sunday did include Vogue editor Anna Wintour and many other industry heavyweights.
The collection she presented has received rave reviews. In the four years since she launched her own clothing line, Beckham, 38, has taken the fashion industry by storm. But how?
The VB label is styled in the mould of the designers that she herself, as a confessed fashion fanatic, looks up to. It is a brand with the hallmarks of sartorial sophistication: subtle, exclusive and extortionately priced.
But Beckham's rise to the top of the fashion industry is rather singular. Whereas her earlier attempts – modelling at London Fashion Week, partying on Roberto Cavalli's yacht – spoke of a rather tabloid sensibility, her current success is something that has been considered, cultivated and coached by friends in high places. Victoria Beckham, it seems, has arrived.
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...