Why I Love: Hot poses
Jemima French, fashion designer
Sunday 14 June 2009
I've done yoga for 20 years, but three years ago I discovered Bikram, or "hot", yoga and it's become a complete passion. You practise it in a room heated to 40 degrees, which lets you push yourself further. You go in like a piece of raw spaghetti and come out cooked!
I had to have a break from it at one stage, as I loved it so much that I was doing it to excess; now I only do it three times a week.
You sweat so much, it's hysterical. I look like I've been swimming and it gives you a constant bad-hair day, but it's brilliant for body and mind. It's based on a repetitive sequence of movements, so once you know it, it sends you into a deep meditative trance. It's particularly great for building mental stamina – I can now get past barriers that would once have daunted me.
FrostFrench's SS09 collection is available now at 22-26 Camden Passage, London N1 (tel: 020 7354 0053).
Life & Style blogs
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Rugby players risk infectious skin condition by swapping bacteria on shared razors and towels
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Bulletproof Coffee: is adding butter to your coffee a good way to start the day?
Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
- 5 QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior QA Engineer (Agil...
£26000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Executive (SEO, PP...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our retail client ...
£400 - £450 Per Annum possibly more for the right candidate: Clearwater People...