Won’t anyone think of all the other Cara Delevingnes™ after model trademarks her name?
There’s no escaping Cara Delevingne. Walking for all the big designers on the international fashion week catwalks, model of the year at the British Fashion Awards and this month’s Vogue cover star, now the 20-year-old model has registered her name as an official trademark.
The Brit has reportedly trademarked her name against product lines ranging from perfume, handbags and nail files, to umbrellas, key rings and, er, walking sticks.
A trademarked name is an increasingly common move. Kate Moss, Lady Gaga and Victoria Beckham have all done it. Beyoncé and Jay-Z are said to have almost secured their bid to trademark the name of their daughter Blue Ivy having had it rejected last year. But it’s not only celebrities; sometimes it just makes good business sense. Just ask Alan Titchmarsh.
Life & Style blogs
Reader dilemma: 'Our son is 34 with an IQ of 85, and spends all his time in his room. What will happen to him when we're no longer here?'
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This London Bridge based estate...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based just north of York, this ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An SEO Account Manager is requi...