First look: Alexander McQueen's new designer will make debut during men's fashion week
Friday 18 June 2010
Just weeks after her appointment as the successor of the deceased designer, Sarah Burton will show her first collection for Alexander McQueen during men's fashion week in Milan, kicking off June 19.
Burton has been working for McQueen's label for almost 15 years and acted as his right hand for the decade leading up to his death. Now, she has shared a preview of her first range with Women's Wear Daily, explaining: "The collection looks into English culture over the decades and to the England of Alexander McQueen, referencing the gentlemen of Savile Row, World War I Tommys and the demob."
At her appointment in May, she told the press: "The creation of modern, beautifully crafted clothes was at the heart of Lee's [Alexander McQueen's] vision. I intend to stay true to his legacy."
The show is scheduled to take place Sunday, June 20, at 1pm.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
- 2 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 3 Chrissie Hynde says women who 'wear high heels and dress provocatively entice rapists'
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...