First look: Alexander McQueen's new designer will make debut during men's fashion week
Friday 18 June 2010
Just weeks after her appointment as the successor of the deceased designer, Sarah Burton will show her first collection for Alexander McQueen during men's fashion week in Milan, kicking off June 19.
Burton has been working for McQueen's label for almost 15 years and acted as his right hand for the decade leading up to his death. Now, she has shared a preview of her first range with Women's Wear Daily, explaining: "The collection looks into English culture over the decades and to the England of Alexander McQueen, referencing the gentlemen of Savile Row, World War I Tommys and the demob."
At her appointment in May, she told the press: "The creation of modern, beautifully crafted clothes was at the heart of Lee's [Alexander McQueen's] vision. I intend to stay true to his legacy."
The show is scheduled to take place Sunday, June 20, at 1pm.
Life & Style blogs
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
Snapchat got rid of the Best Friends feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Food secrets: the good, the bad...and the faeces
Pot of gold: tasting the world’s most expensive tea
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...