First look: Alexander McQueen's new designer will make debut during men's fashion week
Friday 18 June 2010
Just weeks after her appointment as the successor of the deceased designer, Sarah Burton will show her first collection for Alexander McQueen during men's fashion week in Milan, kicking off June 19.
Burton has been working for McQueen's label for almost 15 years and acted as his right hand for the decade leading up to his death. Now, she has shared a preview of her first range with Women's Wear Daily, explaining: "The collection looks into English culture over the decades and to the England of Alexander McQueen, referencing the gentlemen of Savile Row, World War I Tommys and the demob."
At her appointment in May, she told the press: "The creation of modern, beautifully crafted clothes was at the heart of Lee's [Alexander McQueen's] vision. I intend to stay true to his legacy."
The show is scheduled to take place Sunday, June 20, at 1pm.
Life & Style blogs
American Apparel makes 15-year-old YouTube star Brendan Jordan the face of its new campaign
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy nurse who killed herself in a Swiss clinic accused of doing it for 'publicity'
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-driver is missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£16000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award winning Property Man...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment C...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This digital production agency ...