First look: Blake Lively in first handbag ad
Tuesday 08 March 2011
Women's Wear Daily was the first to break an image from the
Gossip Girl star's Chanel campaign.
Photographed by Karl Lagerfeld, the ads promote the luxe label's signature quilted Mademoiselle handbags (starting price: around $1,500).
It is the first major fashion gig for Lively, who failed to attend the Chanel show this week - but not because she thought it would be "tacky" as rumored, but due to her Gossip Girl engagements in New York City.
Her co-star Leighton Meester has previously fronted an ad for Italian fashion label Missoni.
Life & Style blogs
Hundreds of Scottish women to launch damages claims against makers of the vaginal mesh implants which have left them in constant pain and even unable to have sex
25 years of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee explains how it all began
Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
Mapping the tubes: The hidden world of undersea cables that make up the internet
Is the secret to liberation from the cares of this world a two-word curse?
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Corporate Commercial Solicitor - City of London We...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education B...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Cardiff: Randstad Education Cardiff are current...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Cardiff: Randstad Education are currently seeki...