First look: Blake Lively in first handbag ad
Tuesday 08 March 2011
Women's Wear Daily was the first to break an image from the
Gossip Girl star's Chanel campaign.
Photographed by Karl Lagerfeld, the ads promote the luxe label's signature quilted Mademoiselle handbags (starting price: around $1,500).
It is the first major fashion gig for Lively, who failed to attend the Chanel show this week - but not because she thought it would be "tacky" as rumored, but due to her Gossip Girl engagements in New York City.
Her co-star Leighton Meester has previously fronted an ad for Italian fashion label Missoni.
Life & Style blogs
McDonald's is finally trialling all-day breakfast
Apple expands reuse and recycle scheme, letting Android phones be swapped for iPhones
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Contents of women's handbags can be worth more than a small car
- 1 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 4 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 5 A new (old) cure for MRSA? Revolting recipe from the Dark Ages may be key to defeat infection
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£35000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing digital agenc...
£50000 - £100000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a newly-created partne...