First look: Karl Lagerfeld for Macy's
Friday 22 July 2011
The German designer has never been one to shy away from the masses: following collaborations with Swedish clothing chain H&M and French mail-order company La Redoute, Lagerfeld has been working on a collection with US department store Macy's.
Scheduled for an August 31 launch at more than 200 Macy's stores and online, the 45-piece collection will be priced from $50 to $170.
In addition to the sketches just released by the designer, curious shoppers can take a first look at the range in the August issue of American Vogue where a $109 dress from the collection - described by Lagerfeld as "a coup d'oeil to the dresses I designed for Chloe" - is featured in one of the fashion spreads.
Lagerfeld will create another line for Macy's for the upcoming holiday season, and a capsule collection by Italian designer Giambattista Valli is expected to become available in November.
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Chloe Sevigny poses with a lobster on her crotch in a daring shoot for Marfa Journal
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Nessie Street View and homepage Doodle to mark 81st anniversary of iconic photograph
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Cancel Sky at your peril: man spends 96 minutes in chat but fails to get rid of service
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Office Administrator is requ...
£12000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion and growth of ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Senior PHP Developer position with a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Operations Leader is required to join a lea...