First look: Katy Perry channels Sleeping Beauty in new ads
Wednesday 13 April 2011
The singer appears in this year's GHD campaign shot by star photographer David LaChapelle.
In what is a match made in over-the-top glamour heaven, the famously outrageous LaChapelle had Perry, known for her wacky fashion and beauty choices, pose in a beauty wonderland.
Styled in a Sleeping Beauty-inspired set-up, she wakes up in a different era in each of the three images, wearing hairstyles from either the 1950s, '60s, or '70s.
Perry - who previously starred in Proactiv's anti-acne ads - is GHD's new global ambassador, with the hairstyle company sponsoring her ongoing California Dreams tour in return.
Considered the leading hair straightener brand, GHD sells its tools for around $200, while its products retail for $30.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...