First look: Katy Perry channels Sleeping Beauty in new ads
Wednesday 13 April 2011
The singer appears in this year's GHD campaign shot by star photographer David LaChapelle.
In what is a match made in over-the-top glamour heaven, the famously outrageous LaChapelle had Perry, known for her wacky fashion and beauty choices, pose in a beauty wonderland.
Styled in a Sleeping Beauty-inspired set-up, she wakes up in a different era in each of the three images, wearing hairstyles from either the 1950s, '60s, or '70s.
Perry - who previously starred in Proactiv's anti-acne ads - is GHD's new global ambassador, with the hairstyle company sponsoring her ongoing California Dreams tour in return.
Considered the leading hair straightener brand, GHD sells its tools for around $200, while its products retail for $30.
Life & Style blogs
How psychopaths hide in plain sight – a psychological analysis of serial killer Dennis Rader
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
How I rescued my brain: Psychologist David Roland rewired his thoughts following a stroke
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small, friendly, proactive...
£14500 - £22800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A first rate opportunity to join a top ranking...