First look: Katy Perry channels Sleeping Beauty in new ads
Wednesday 13 April 2011
The singer appears in this year's GHD campaign shot by star photographer David LaChapelle.
In what is a match made in over-the-top glamour heaven, the famously outrageous LaChapelle had Perry, known for her wacky fashion and beauty choices, pose in a beauty wonderland.
Styled in a Sleeping Beauty-inspired set-up, she wakes up in a different era in each of the three images, wearing hairstyles from either the 1950s, '60s, or '70s.
Perry - who previously starred in Proactiv's anti-acne ads - is GHD's new global ambassador, with the hairstyle company sponsoring her ongoing California Dreams tour in return.
Considered the leading hair straightener brand, GHD sells its tools for around $200, while its products retail for $30.
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Chloe Sevigny poses with a lobster on her crotch in a daring shoot for Marfa Journal
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Nessie Street View and homepage Doodle
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Cancel Sky at your peril: man spends 96 minutes in chat but fails to get rid of service
£16000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award winning independent ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Assistant - Immediate ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading manufacturer of fl...
£12000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Field Sales Operative is requ...