First look: Pamela Love hits Topshop
Monday 25 April 2011
Pamela Love, known for her grungy jewelry designs, is playing with hearts for her Topshop range that will be rolled out internationally in April and May.
"When have you seen me use hearts before? But it works," she told Vogue previously. She also said that - given the fact she is the first US designer to be recruited by the UK retailer - the collection stays true to her American spirit.
Even Native American, as it turns out: the earrings have the shape of small dreamcatchers. Apart from that, the range oozes a 1970s-inspired "Gypsy Rockers" feel, featuring bracelets, rings, and necklaces in dark metals, adorned with said hearts, feathers, chains, and studs. Price points are around $100.
Love is part of a new generation of designers, which also includes the likes of Maria Francesca Pepe or Zoe & Morgan, that are currently redefining jewelry with their rock'n'roll edge and mainstream accessibility.
Life & Style blogs
The Swedes are adding a gender-neutral pronoun to their dictionary
PTSD photo series documents what the disorder is really like – as study reveals suicides of 22 US veterans every day
Facebook to test 747-sized drones that will beam broadband to the entire world
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
- 5 Zayn Malik quits One Direction: Hundreds of workers request compassionate leave following band member's exit
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped commission: SThree: Does earning a 6 figu...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A challenging opportunity for a...