First look: Pamela Love hits Topshop
Monday 25 April 2011
Pamela Love, known for her grungy jewelry designs, is playing with hearts for her Topshop range that will be rolled out internationally in April and May.
"When have you seen me use hearts before? But it works," she told Vogue previously. She also said that - given the fact she is the first US designer to be recruited by the UK retailer - the collection stays true to her American spirit.
Even Native American, as it turns out: the earrings have the shape of small dreamcatchers. Apart from that, the range oozes a 1970s-inspired "Gypsy Rockers" feel, featuring bracelets, rings, and necklaces in dark metals, adorned with said hearts, feathers, chains, and studs. Price points are around $100.
Love is part of a new generation of designers, which also includes the likes of Maria Francesca Pepe or Zoe & Morgan, that are currently redefining jewelry with their rock'n'roll edge and mainstream accessibility.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 will function as 'mobile wallet' following Apple deal with Visa - reports
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
Three quarters of the Ikea catalogue is CGI
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Nigerian witch-finder Helen Ukpabio threatens legal action against human rights organisations
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A Global Financial Service Organi...
£60000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A prestigious leading professiona...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A Global Financial Service Organi...
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: One of the global leaders in prov...