First look: Pamela Love hits Topshop
Monday 25 April 2011
Pamela Love, known for her grungy jewelry designs, is playing with hearts for her Topshop range that will be rolled out internationally in April and May.
"When have you seen me use hearts before? But it works," she told Vogue previously. She also said that - given the fact she is the first US designer to be recruited by the UK retailer - the collection stays true to her American spirit.
Even Native American, as it turns out: the earrings have the shape of small dreamcatchers. Apart from that, the range oozes a 1970s-inspired "Gypsy Rockers" feel, featuring bracelets, rings, and necklaces in dark metals, adorned with said hearts, feathers, chains, and studs. Price points are around $100.
Love is part of a new generation of designers, which also includes the likes of Maria Francesca Pepe or Zoe & Morgan, that are currently redefining jewelry with their rock'n'roll edge and mainstream accessibility.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Karl Lagerfeld shoots Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst in suspenders for fashion shoot
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 4 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...