Fred Perry to follow through with Amy Winehouse collection
Tuesday 09 August 2011
The British clothing brand has announced it will release the two ranges that the late singer designed prior to her death.
Having said earlier that it would only go ahead after consulting with Winehouse's family, Fred Perry issued a statement saying that next year's spring and fall collections would both be made available.
Amy's father, Mitch Winehouse, stated: "When Fred Perry came to us to ask what we would like to do with the new collection it was natural to continue...Amy loved working on both collections, and would want them to be made available. All the money we make and the donation that Fred Perry will give will go straight into to the Amy Winehouse Foundation, which we are setting up to help children and young people in her name."
The collections are expected to again carry the singer's signature 1950s-inspired rockabilly vibe. "Amy was passionate and dedicated to the collaboration, and her signature style is clearly stamped across each piece," Fred Perry said.
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...