French women don't get old - ten tips to age gracefully
Thursday 15 July 2010
After Mireille Guiliano's 2004 dieting bestseller,
French women don't get fat, the Parisian wisdom 'du jour' seems to be about how to keep looking youthful.
The New York Times has published a story on "aging gracefully, the French way," citing actress Catherine Deneuve and politician Segolene Royal as shining examples.
The story, released July 15, comes complete with a guide on how to "age like a Frenchwoman." Here are your ten (summarized) golden commandments:
1. Take care of yourself and be aware of your own femininity.
2. Avoid heavy makeup.
3. Use lotion instead of soap.
4. Rinse your skin with cold water to improve circulation.
5. Eat fresh foods in small portions. (The author of the article admits, however, that many French women help nature along with the aid of pills or other treatments.)
6. This is why you won't have to exercise. Go to the spa instead.
7. Go to the dermatologist.
8. If it has to be plastic surgery, "the objective is to look like themselves - not someone 20 years younger."
9. Don't dress like your daughter, and pay attention to great accessories (good jewelry, statement shoes, a nicely wrapped scarf).
10. Wear sexy underwear. As the French writer Françoise Sagan wrote: "A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to take it off you."
For the full story, click here.
Life & Style blogs
Artificial intelligence will become strong and threaten us, says Bill Gates
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
British Breakfast Awards 2015: London restaurant wins prize for inventive take on the Full English
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cure for cancer to her scientist father
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...