Galliano's own label show in Paris downsized: source
Thursday 03 March 2011
John Galliano's eponymous own-label show on Sunday is being scaled down to a simpler presentation for buyers and journalists, a fashion industry source said on Thursday.
Normally it would have been one of the most theatrical shows of Paris fashion week, but its fate was in question after Galliano was fired by Christian Dior and charged with alleged racist behaviour at a Paris cafe.
Dior, which holds a majority stake in the John Galliano label, plans to go ahead with its own pret-a-porter collection - overseen by the British couturier before his sudden fall from grace - at the Rodin museum on Friday.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...