Galliano's own label show in Paris downsized: source
Thursday 03 March 2011
John Galliano's eponymous own-label show on Sunday is being scaled down to a simpler presentation for buyers and journalists, a fashion industry source said on Thursday.
Normally it would have been one of the most theatrical shows of Paris fashion week, but its fate was in question after Galliano was fired by Christian Dior and charged with alleged racist behaviour at a Paris cafe.
Dior, which holds a majority stake in the John Galliano label, plans to go ahead with its own pret-a-porter collection - overseen by the British couturier before his sudden fall from grace - at the Rodin museum on Friday.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...