Galliano's own label show in Paris downsized: source
Thursday 03 March 2011
John Galliano's eponymous own-label show on Sunday is being scaled down to a simpler presentation for buyers and journalists, a fashion industry source said on Thursday.
Normally it would have been one of the most theatrical shows of Paris fashion week, but its fate was in question after Galliano was fired by Christian Dior and charged with alleged racist behaviour at a Paris cafe.
Dior, which holds a majority stake in the John Galliano label, plans to go ahead with its own pret-a-porter collection - overseen by the British couturier before his sudden fall from grace - at the Rodin museum on Friday.
Life & Style blogs
Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy former nurse, 75, passes away at assisted dying clinic after deciding old age is 'awful'
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 3 Edward Heath 'child sex abuse' allegation: Investigation to be held into Wiltshire police handling of alleged claim in the 1990s
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Tom Cruise: Reporters banned from asking actor about Scientology
£20k plus sales linked bonus. : Guru Careers: We are seeking a Copywriter to j...
£17000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has bec...
Up to £26k DOE: Guru Careers: A Junior / Mid-Level 3D Creative Designer is nee...
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You'll be joining a truly talen...