Get an all-access app to the Met Ball for your iPad
Wednesday 27 April 2011
On the heels of William and Kate's wedding comes another premium society event that's almost as hard to get into: the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala, in short, the Met Ball, on May 2. Now, you can get closer to the fashion and stars than ever before with a new app released by
The event launches the Costume Institute's annual exhibition, which this year focuses on the "Savage Beauty" of Alexander McQueen's designs: the more than 100 exhibits include signature pieces such as the bumster trouser, the kimono jacket, and the Origami frock coat. A preview of the display will be available as part of the free app, guided by curator Andrew Bolton.
But everyone can get into the exhibition once it has been inaugurated - what fashion fans will be dying to access is the gala event itself: singers Janelle Monáe and Bruno Mars will take them along for the ride in the app's section My First Met Gala, and celebrity performances as well as "intimate" party coverage are also part of the package.
For all those interested in the previous galas, there's a five-year video and photo retrospective of the Costume Institute's balls and exhibitions from 2006's "AngloMania" to 2010's "American Woman."
Download the app at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id420569570?mt=8.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...