Gisele Bundchen returns to runway after baby
Monday 14 June 2010
Gisele Bundchen, the world's highest-paid supermodel, marked her return to the catwalk Sunday after giving birth to her first baby six months ago.
Bundchen, 29, paraded in her native Brazil in the Sao Paulo Fashion Week, Latin America's biggest fashion event, for the clothing label Colcci.
The leggy model is a regular at the Sao Paulo show but gave it a miss in January because she gave birth to her baby boy Benjamin on December 8 last year.
Bundchen is married to a US football player, Tom Brady, and spends most of her time in the United States.
She sauntered out Sunday in three outfits, two of them translucent enough to see she had regained her slim figure.
"I was very nervous," Bundchen said, according to the website of the Brazilian newspaper Estado de Sao Paulo. "But I am very happy, everything went right."
Asked about her son, Bundchen said: "He's at home. Mom's here working, it's not right to bring him."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
£30000 - £38500 Per Annum + 25 days holiday, pension, subsidised restaurant: C...
£34000 - £37000 Per Annum + excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Lt...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Pension, Holiday, Flexi-time: Progressive Recruitm...
£280 - £320 per day: Progressive Recruitment: C#, WinForms, Desktop Developmen...