Great Lash turns 40, gets relooked by designers
Saturday 23 July 2011
To celebrate its 40th anniversary, America's best-selling mascara and makeup artist favorite Great Lash is getting revamped by Max Azria, Tracy Reese, and Vivienne Tam.
The fashion designers are taking cues from their own collections to reinterpret the now iconic pink and green tube, honoring Maybelline New York's "fashion heritage": the mascara gets used at most shows during fashion week.
The results will be available at Target stores from September, retailing for $6.99 per tube.
According to the brand, more than 20 million tubes of Great Lash are sold each year in the US alone, translating to one flying off the shelves every 1.7 seconds.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
£13676.46 - £16411.61 per annum + OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment Cons...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + training: Ashdown Group: Business and Marketing Gr...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Are you great at building rela...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...