Great Lash turns 40, gets relooked by designers
Saturday 23 July 2011
To celebrate its 40th anniversary, America's best-selling mascara and makeup artist favorite Great Lash is getting revamped by Max Azria, Tracy Reese, and Vivienne Tam.
The fashion designers are taking cues from their own collections to reinterpret the now iconic pink and green tube, honoring Maybelline New York's "fashion heritage": the mascara gets used at most shows during fashion week.
The results will be available at Target stores from September, retailing for $6.99 per tube.
According to the brand, more than 20 million tubes of Great Lash are sold each year in the US alone, translating to one flying off the shelves every 1.7 seconds.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...