Great Lash turns 40, gets relooked by designers
Saturday 23 July 2011
To celebrate its 40th anniversary, America's best-selling mascara and makeup artist favorite Great Lash is getting revamped by Max Azria, Tracy Reese, and Vivienne Tam.
The fashion designers are taking cues from their own collections to reinterpret the now iconic pink and green tube, honoring Maybelline New York's "fashion heritage": the mascara gets used at most shows during fashion week.
The results will be available at Target stores from September, retailing for $6.99 per tube.
According to the brand, more than 20 million tubes of Great Lash are sold each year in the US alone, translating to one flying off the shelves every 1.7 seconds.
Life & Style blogs
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Google Plus might be dead, as ‘Streams’ and ‘Photos’ take its place
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge launch and review: wireless charging and new case see Samsung ready to take on Apple's iPhone
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...
£45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: PeopleSoft Application Support & Development ...
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior PHP Developer - Milton Keynes...