Great Lash turns 40, gets relooked by designers
Saturday 23 July 2011
To celebrate its 40th anniversary, America's best-selling mascara and makeup artist favorite Great Lash is getting revamped by Max Azria, Tracy Reese, and Vivienne Tam.
The fashion designers are taking cues from their own collections to reinterpret the now iconic pink and green tube, honoring Maybelline New York's "fashion heritage": the mascara gets used at most shows during fashion week.
The results will be available at Target stores from September, retailing for $6.99 per tube.
According to the brand, more than 20 million tubes of Great Lash are sold each year in the US alone, translating to one flying off the shelves every 1.7 seconds.
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Condom couture: Latex dresses hit the catwalk to raise awareness for HIV and Aids
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - Senior Employment Solici...
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...