Hot summer trend: Supertrash and bad taste
Tuesday 07 June 2011
While Dutch it-label Supertrash is making its
Polyvore debut, the style site's community is getting back into what would have been described as bad taste not too long ago: bring on the tie-dye, leopard print, combat boots, and beanies.
All are making a comeback to the top trends ranking this week, as are summery add-ons like gladiator sandals or wide brim hats.
In brands, Topshop has finally made it to the number one spot, also climbing to the very top in websites.
01. TopShop (+2)
02. Jane Norman (+2)
03. Fat Face (re-entry)
04. Rag & Bone (re-entry)
05. Supertrash (new)
06. G by Guess (no change)
07. Elie Saab (-6)
08. Alexander McQueen (no change)
09. Paul Smith (new)
10. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
01. topshop.com (+1)
02. generalpants.com.au (+4)
03. gbyguess.com (+4)
04. delias.com (+1)
05. tillys.com (new)
06. calypsostbarth.com (re-entry)
07. boutique1.com (-3)
08. lagarconne.com (no change)
09. net-a-porter.com (+1)
10. reissonline.com (-1)
01. Olivia Palermo (no change)
02. Kim Kardashian (+1)
03. Leighton Meester (-1)
04. Anne Hathaway (no change)
05. Chanel Iman (+4)
06. Constance Jablonski (+2)
07. Victoria Beckham (re-entry)
08. Georgia Frost (-1)
09. Kate Moss (-3)
10. Malgosia Bela (new)
01. one shoulder dresses (re-entry)
02. beanies (re-entry)
03. combat boots (re-entry)
04. leopard print (re-entry)
05. gladiator sandals (re-entry)
06. pleated pants (re-entry)
07. tie-dye print (re-entry)
08. strapless dresses (re-entry)
09. pleated skirts (-8)
10. wide brim hats (re-entry)
Data collected on June 7.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
£65000 - £70000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based i...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Energy En...
£475 - £550 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Technical Accountant-Insuran...
£25-£30k Plus Car: Charter Selection: Major well established nationwide market...