Hot summer trend: Supertrash and bad taste
Tuesday 07 June 2011
While Dutch it-label Supertrash is making its
Polyvore debut, the style site's community is getting back into what would have been described as bad taste not too long ago: bring on the tie-dye, leopard print, combat boots, and beanies.
All are making a comeback to the top trends ranking this week, as are summery add-ons like gladiator sandals or wide brim hats.
In brands, Topshop has finally made it to the number one spot, also climbing to the very top in websites.
01. TopShop (+2)
02. Jane Norman (+2)
03. Fat Face (re-entry)
04. Rag & Bone (re-entry)
05. Supertrash (new)
06. G by Guess (no change)
07. Elie Saab (-6)
08. Alexander McQueen (no change)
09. Paul Smith (new)
10. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
01. topshop.com (+1)
02. generalpants.com.au (+4)
03. gbyguess.com (+4)
04. delias.com (+1)
05. tillys.com (new)
06. calypsostbarth.com (re-entry)
07. boutique1.com (-3)
08. lagarconne.com (no change)
09. net-a-porter.com (+1)
10. reissonline.com (-1)
01. Olivia Palermo (no change)
02. Kim Kardashian (+1)
03. Leighton Meester (-1)
04. Anne Hathaway (no change)
05. Chanel Iman (+4)
06. Constance Jablonski (+2)
07. Victoria Beckham (re-entry)
08. Georgia Frost (-1)
09. Kate Moss (-3)
10. Malgosia Bela (new)
01. one shoulder dresses (re-entry)
02. beanies (re-entry)
03. combat boots (re-entry)
04. leopard print (re-entry)
05. gladiator sandals (re-entry)
06. pleated pants (re-entry)
07. tie-dye print (re-entry)
08. strapless dresses (re-entry)
09. pleated skirts (-8)
10. wide brim hats (re-entry)
Data collected on June 7.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
International Space Station could be fitted with huge lasers to shoot down space junk
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Doodle and Nessie Street View
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Parma, Missouri: 80 per cent of town's police quit after first black mayor is elected
- 5 Google search history can now be downloaded in its entirety, mass embarrassment expected
£35-45K (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a .NET Developer / Web ...
£18000 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for your first ...
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Small and agile digital marketi...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A national firm of chartered ce...