Hussein Chalayan to launch first fragrance with Comme des Garçons
Saturday 04 June 2011
The London-based fashion designer will release his first signature scent, backed by the vanguard Japanese label.
Inspired by his fall 2007 collection that was called Airborne, the fragrance will carry the same name, meant to retrace Chalayan's journey from his native Cyprus to the UK.
Accordingly, Airborne features a variety of Mediterranean notes including neroli, lemon, bergamot, lentiscus, juniper berry, and cedarwood. Incense and musk add to the woody feeling of the unisex perfume, making it a perfect fit for CDG's fragrance range, which also includes Wonderwood and Standard by Comme des Garçons.
Chalayan previously released a fragrance as part of the Curated by Colette collection back in 2005, but Airborne marks the designer's first very own scent. It will debut July 21 at London's Dover Street Market for $95.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - This is a very unusual law c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior VB.NET ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...