In pictures: Defining moments from Angela Ahrendt's Burberry years
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Tuesday 15 October 2013
Burberry's boss, Angela Ahrendt is set to join the iPhone and iPad maker Apple in a shock departure.
The luxury goods brand's respected CEO will become the technology giant's senior vice president for retail and online stores. Christopher Bailey, current chief creative officer of Burberry, will succeed Ahrendts when she steps down to fulfil her new role at Apple in 2014.
Together Bailey, who joined the company as creative director in 2001, and Ahrendt, who was appointed CEO in 2006, transformed the heritage brand into a multi-million fashion business.
We look at the defining moments of the brand during Bailey and Ahrendt's time.
Life & Style blogs
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Can SkySaga capture the Minecraft magic?
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: HR Advisor - CIPD - Buxton A highly...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Server Enginee...
Negotiable: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly expanding, global Software/ SaaS Vendor ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum: h2 Recruit Ltd: After a highly successful 2014, a m...