In pictures: Defining moments from Angela Ahrendt's Burberry years
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She's Content Producer and online fashion writer. In the past, she's worked in different areas across the website, including editor of mobile app Independent Plus.
Tuesday 15 October 2013
Burberry's boss, Angela Ahrendt is set to join the iPhone and iPad maker Apple in a shock departure.
The luxury goods brand's respected CEO will become the technology giant's senior vice president for retail and online stores. Christopher Bailey, current chief creative officer of Burberry, will succeed Ahrendts when she steps down to fulfil her new role at Apple in 2014.
Together Bailey, who joined the company as creative director in 2001, and Ahrendt, who was appointed CEO in 2006, transformed the heritage brand into a multi-million fashion business.
We look at the defining moments of the brand during Bailey and Ahrendt's time.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 4 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 5 Bryan Cranston speaks candidly about wealth
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...