Iran is world's seventh largest cosmetic consumer: report
Monday 12 April 2010
Iran has emerged as the world's seventh largest consumer of cosmetics, spending 2.1 billion dollars annually on various beauty products, state-run Engish language Iran Daily newspaper said on Sunday.
The report quoting a survey conducted by TMBA, a private economic research body, said that Iran accounts for 29 percent of the cosmetics market in the Middle East.
Around 14 million Iranian women aged between 15 and 45 years and living in major cities spend around seven dollars a month per capita on cosmetics, the survey said, without giving a complete breakdown on the nation's spending.
The average monthly salary in Iran is around 600 to 700 dollars.
The survey indicates that the high spending is primarily due to the fact that about half of Iran's around 74 million population is under the age of 30.
The survey, however, is based on estimates and not on precise figures of cosmetics purchased in Iran, the report added.
Iran produces cosmetics, but imports a significant portion of its consumption.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A leading provider of document ...
£17000 - £17800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to work ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a digital speci...
£40000 - £45000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Operation...