Japan fashion week canceled
Tuesday 15 March 2011
Following the earthquake in Eastern Japan, Japan fashion week - initially scheduled to take place in Tokyo next week - has been canceled.
Organizers said March 15 that they had been forced to take the decision due to "concerns regarding current electricity shortages, unreliable transportation, and general safety concerns."
However, they also stated that they would make efforts to help Japanese designers present their collections in different contexts: "Despite these difficult times, we will continue to try our best to obtain the products we can so that we may put together exhibitions to showcase them." Collections will also be available online, according to the statement.
Preceding this official announcement, several brands had already canceled or postponed their shows.
Life & Style blogs
Karl Lagerfeld's famous cat made £2m last year - that's more than Cara Delevingne earned
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Fast food Britain: The number of takeaways soars across the nation's high streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
- 1 Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...