Japan fashion week canceled
Tuesday 15 March 2011
Following the earthquake in Eastern Japan, Japan fashion week - initially scheduled to take place in Tokyo next week - has been canceled.
Organizers said March 15 that they had been forced to take the decision due to "concerns regarding current electricity shortages, unreliable transportation, and general safety concerns."
However, they also stated that they would make efforts to help Japanese designers present their collections in different contexts: "Despite these difficult times, we will continue to try our best to obtain the products we can so that we may put together exhibitions to showcase them." Collections will also be available online, according to the statement.
Preceding this official announcement, several brands had already canceled or postponed their shows.
Life & Style blogs
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
The big fresh food con: Alarming truth behind the chocolate muffin that won't decay
Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
Holi: Festival of colours honoured with Google Doodle – here's what you need to know about the celebration
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
- 3 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 4 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 5 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
£65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Technical Presales Engineer - central London ...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Physiotherapist / Sports Ther...
£8 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Sales Executives / Advisors are required...
£14000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a...