Japan fashion week canceled
Tuesday 15 March 2011
Following the earthquake in Eastern Japan, Japan fashion week - initially scheduled to take place in Tokyo next week - has been canceled.
Organizers said March 15 that they had been forced to take the decision due to "concerns regarding current electricity shortages, unreliable transportation, and general safety concerns."
However, they also stated that they would make efforts to help Japanese designers present their collections in different contexts: "Despite these difficult times, we will continue to try our best to obtain the products we can so that we may put together exhibitions to showcase them." Collections will also be available online, according to the statement.
Preceding this official announcement, several brands had already canceled or postponed their shows.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £69999 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Algo-Develo...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...