Jessica Alba and Kate Winslet land new fashion gigs
Sunday 01 May 2011
Both Hollywood actresses have scored major campaigns, with Alba being named as the new face of jewelry label Piaget and Winslet taking over from Karen Elson as a model for the St. John fashion brand.
Alba, who recently stepped up her style game by starring in a Vogue Italia fashion spread, features in six ads for Piaget's Possession line, which were styled by Brad Goreski and shot by Patrick Demarchelier before being released on Facebook April 28.
The star says in a behind-the-scenes video that she likes the "chic and simple" design of the jewelry as well as the idea of layering the gold, silver, and rose gold pieces on top of each other.
Meanwhile, fellow actress and Lancôme spokesperson Kate Winslet has been tapped as the new face of St. John, which previously featured the likes of Angelina Jolie - set to appear in a new Louis Vuitton campaign this summer - or Gisele Bundchen in its ads. According to Women's Wear Daily, photographer Craig McDean was shooting the pictures in New Jersey April 28.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 2 Orange Is The New Black has not been cancelled – it was a hoax
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
£45000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are working wi...
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are working wi...
£28000 - £34000 per annum + pension, flexitime, healthcare: Deerfoot IT Resour...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...