John Galliano sacked from own label: report
Friday 15 April 2011
John Galliano, sacked as chief designer at Christian Dior amid a furore over alleged anti-Semitic remarks, has now been fired from his eponymous label, Women's Wear Daily reported on Friday.
Citing sources that it did not identify in a dispatch from Paris, the fashion industry journal said Galliano, 50, had been "formally sacked" by directors of the John Galliano label, which is 91 percent owned by Dior.
It added that a sell-off of the upmarket label was not an immediate priority for the owners, despite "unsolicited expressions of interest in the business" coming in from China, Italy and the Middle East.
Dior, controlled by French luxury goods tycoon Bernard Arnault, abruptly fired Galliano on day one of Paris fashion week in March as he was formally charged with uttering anti-Semitic insults at a cafe in the French capital.
Last weekend, Galliano - who has denied the allegations against him and reportedly checked into an Arizona rehab clinic - was seen at Los Angeles airport where he was heckled by a photographer, the TMZ celebrity website said.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The 3D-printed key that can unlock anything
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - This is a very unusual law c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior VB.NET ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...