John Galliano sacked from own label: report
Friday 15 April 2011
John Galliano, sacked as chief designer at Christian Dior amid a furore over alleged anti-Semitic remarks, has now been fired from his eponymous label, Women's Wear Daily reported on Friday.
Citing sources that it did not identify in a dispatch from Paris, the fashion industry journal said Galliano, 50, had been "formally sacked" by directors of the John Galliano label, which is 91 percent owned by Dior.
It added that a sell-off of the upmarket label was not an immediate priority for the owners, despite "unsolicited expressions of interest in the business" coming in from China, Italy and the Middle East.
Dior, controlled by French luxury goods tycoon Bernard Arnault, abruptly fired Galliano on day one of Paris fashion week in March as he was formally charged with uttering anti-Semitic insults at a cafe in the French capital.
Last weekend, Galliano - who has denied the allegations against him and reportedly checked into an Arizona rehab clinic - was seen at Los Angeles airport where he was heckled by a photographer, the TMZ celebrity website said.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...