John Galliano sacked from own label: report
Friday 15 April 2011
John Galliano, sacked as chief designer at Christian Dior amid a furore over alleged anti-Semitic remarks, has now been fired from his eponymous label, Women's Wear Daily reported on Friday.
Citing sources that it did not identify in a dispatch from Paris, the fashion industry journal said Galliano, 50, had been "formally sacked" by directors of the John Galliano label, which is 91 percent owned by Dior.
It added that a sell-off of the upmarket label was not an immediate priority for the owners, despite "unsolicited expressions of interest in the business" coming in from China, Italy and the Middle East.
Dior, controlled by French luxury goods tycoon Bernard Arnault, abruptly fired Galliano on day one of Paris fashion week in March as he was formally charged with uttering anti-Semitic insults at a cafe in the French capital.
Last weekend, Galliano - who has denied the allegations against him and reportedly checked into an Arizona rehab clinic - was seen at Los Angeles airport where he was heckled by a photographer, the TMZ celebrity website said.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...