Justin Bieber scent to become 2011's best-selling fragrance?
Monday 18 July 2011
The teen heartthrob's Someday perfume has made $1 million a week in sales at Macy's store alone since its launch three weeks ago.
Karen Grant, vice president and senior global industry analyst of market research firm NPD, commented: "If it sustains this momentum, it will become the number-one-selling fragrance of 2011...We haven't seen anything like it since [Jennifer Lopez's] Glow and [Britney Spears'] Curious."
According to trade paper Women's Wear Daily, Bieber's new reign over the lucrative celebrity scent business might only be rivaled by Beyoncé's Heat, which earned the singer $3 million over the first month.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
Alien: Isolation preview - If you scream in space, it makes a sound
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 50 books for students to read this summer: From Ernest Hemingway to Gillian Flynn
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Rebecca Hall on her film career so far: ‘I’ve played too many repressed neurotics’
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: IT Auditor , Information Governance, NHS...
£40000 - £45000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Service Delivery Manager - (Derivatives, Support...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: WPF Analyst Programmer NET, WPF, C#, M...