Justin Bieber scent to become 2011's best-selling fragrance?
Monday 18 July 2011
The teen heartthrob's Someday perfume has made $1 million a week in sales at Macy's store alone since its launch three weeks ago.
Karen Grant, vice president and senior global industry analyst of market research firm NPD, commented: "If it sustains this momentum, it will become the number-one-selling fragrance of 2011...We haven't seen anything like it since [Jennifer Lopez's] Glow and [Britney Spears'] Curious."
According to trade paper Women's Wear Daily, Bieber's new reign over the lucrative celebrity scent business might only be rivaled by Beyoncé's Heat, which earned the singer $3 million over the first month.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
£70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Information Security Manager (ISO 27001, A...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Integration...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + ex bens: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Biztalk Te...