Justin Bieber scent to become 2011's best-selling fragrance?
Monday 18 July 2011
The teen heartthrob's Someday perfume has made $1 million a week in sales at Macy's store alone since its launch three weeks ago.
Karen Grant, vice president and senior global industry analyst of market research firm NPD, commented: "If it sustains this momentum, it will become the number-one-selling fragrance of 2011...We haven't seen anything like it since [Jennifer Lopez's] Glow and [Britney Spears'] Curious."
According to trade paper Women's Wear Daily, Bieber's new reign over the lucrative celebrity scent business might only be rivaled by Beyoncé's Heat, which earned the singer $3 million over the first month.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
'Stiff upper lip stoicism' keeps people with cancer symptoms away from GP
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
'Cigarettes, whisky, and wild, wild women'
- 1 Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors: 'I think as far as coloured actors go it gets really difficult in the UK'
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding business...
£25000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in Henley-on-Thames, this...
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...