Justin Bieber to launch women's fragrance
Sunday 22 May 2011
It was only a matter of time: following fellow teen idols like Disney star Caroline Sunshine or singer Taylor Swift, the 17-year-old heartthrob is getting into the perfume game.
"Let's be real, the way a girl smells is very important to a guy," he told Women's Wear Daily. "I have such a deep connection with my fans, so creating a fragrance that I personally love is another way I can bring them closer to my world."
While skeptics might roll their eyes at the announcement, the 14- to 18-year-old girls of this world will be sure to rejoice at the thought of soon being able to spritz themselves with a fruity floral juice concocted in Bieber World. Proceeds from the fragrance sales will go to charities such as Pencils of Promise and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
As every avid follower of Bieber news knows, it also could be worse: just last year, the singer launched scented dog tags for humans.
His Someday fragrance will come to US stores including Macy's, Sephora, Dillard's and Nordstrom in June. Prices range from $35 to $55.
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Condom couture: Latex dresses hit the catwalk to raise awareness for HIV and Aids
- 1 Crash victims in car flattened by shipping container emerge with just minor injuries
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun become involved in Twitter row over Israel-Gaza conflict
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - Senior Employment Solici...
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...