Karl Lagerfeld denies involvement in paper perfume
Tuesday 26 April 2011
The German designer's PR director Caroline Fragner has issued a statement saying Lagerfeld is not involved in the creation of new fragrance Paper Passion as was reported last week.
Stating that only beauty giant Coty Prestige develops and distributes any fragrance for the label Karl Lagerfeld, Fragner explained: "Mr Lagerfeld refutes his implication in the launch of the perfume Paper Passion. This project, of which Mr Steidl told him about, only emanate[s] from the art books' publisher himself. Mr Lagerfeld copublishes many books with Mr Steidl but stick[s] to Coty Prestige when it is about his own perfumes' creations."
Stories of the paper-inspired perfume were initiated by German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ) last week, reporting that Lagerfeld - who is known for his love of books and says he stocks more than 300,000 of them in his famous personal library - was already working on the fragrance with his publisher of choice, Steidl, which distributes most of the designer's photography books.
Industry insiders are assuming that, while Lagerfeld as a brand is bound to Coty by contract, the designer might be personally involved in Steidl's project.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Windows 10: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' to unveil latest operating system
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE NQ to MID LEVEL - An e...
Highly Attractive Pakage: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - A highly attractive oppor...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...