Kate Middleton tops of online fashion icons
Tuesday 10 May 2011
The new Duchess of Cambridge manages to make a fragrance
sell out without her fans even knowing what it smells like, so it comes as no surprise that her fashion choices - which you can actually see - prompt an equal or larger craze.
Middleton has rocketed to the top of Polyvore's top celebrities, inspiring countless sets on her style and corresponding shopping inspiration, which is helping her favorite brands such as Reiss to climb up the rankings, too (the UK store is in first place in websites this week).
But the princess is not the only new style reference on the site, which also lists models Carmen Kass, Coco Rocha, and Isabeli Fontana as well as actresses Liv Tyler and Anne Hathaway in its top ten for the first time.
In brands, Alexander McQueen is enjoying boosts from both the royal wedding and the Savage Beauty exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York that set an attendance record on its opening day, but TopShop stays on top. First-timer Jane Norman is inspiring Polyvore users to easy, breezy summer looks.
Finally, a striking trend toward comfortable footwear can be observed, with boat shoes, flatforms, and kitten heels dominating the ranking, and not a single high heel in sight.
01. TopShop (+1)
02. G by Guess (new)
03. 3.1 Phillip Lim (re-entry)
04. Alexander McQueen (re-entry)
05. Balmain (-2)
06. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
07. Jane Norman (new)
08. Isabel Marant (re-entry)
09. Miss Selfridge (re-entry)
10. H&M (re-entry)
01. reissonline.com (new)
02. boutique1.com (new)
03. karenmillen.com (+3)
04. topshop.com (-2)
05. brownsfashion.com (-1)
06. gbyguess.com (new)
07. missselfridge.com (re-entry)
08. generalpants.com.au (new)
09. lagarconne.com (-4)
10. net-a-porter.com (-7)
01. Kate Middleton (new)
02. Anne Hathaway (new)
03. Kate Moss (re-entry)
04. Liv Tyler (new)
05. Leighton Meester (+4)
06. Isabeli Fontana (new)
07. Kim Kardashian (re-entry)
08. Carmen Kass (new)
09. Constance Jablonski (new)
10. Coco Rocha (new)
01. boat shoes (new)
02. body con dresses (re-entry)
03. flatform shoes (+6)
04. motorcycle jackets (re-entry)
05. kitten heels (new)
06. metallics (re-entry)
07. cocktail rings (re-entry)
08. cuff bracelets (re-entry)
09. mini skirts (re-entry)
10. leather messenger bags (re-entry)
Data collected on May 10.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£29999 - £35001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Top 10 firm in L...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: This leading Top 10 practice...
£45000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - C...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Working in conjunction with ...