Kate Middleton tops of online fashion icons
Tuesday 10 May 2011
The new Duchess of Cambridge manages to make a fragrance
sell out without her fans even knowing what it smells like, so it comes as no surprise that her fashion choices - which you can actually see - prompt an equal or larger craze.
Middleton has rocketed to the top of Polyvore's top celebrities, inspiring countless sets on her style and corresponding shopping inspiration, which is helping her favorite brands such as Reiss to climb up the rankings, too (the UK store is in first place in websites this week).
But the princess is not the only new style reference on the site, which also lists models Carmen Kass, Coco Rocha, and Isabeli Fontana as well as actresses Liv Tyler and Anne Hathaway in its top ten for the first time.
In brands, Alexander McQueen is enjoying boosts from both the royal wedding and the Savage Beauty exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York that set an attendance record on its opening day, but TopShop stays on top. First-timer Jane Norman is inspiring Polyvore users to easy, breezy summer looks.
Finally, a striking trend toward comfortable footwear can be observed, with boat shoes, flatforms, and kitten heels dominating the ranking, and not a single high heel in sight.
01. TopShop (+1)
02. G by Guess (new)
03. 3.1 Phillip Lim (re-entry)
04. Alexander McQueen (re-entry)
05. Balmain (-2)
06. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
07. Jane Norman (new)
08. Isabel Marant (re-entry)
09. Miss Selfridge (re-entry)
10. H&M (re-entry)
01. reissonline.com (new)
02. boutique1.com (new)
03. karenmillen.com (+3)
04. topshop.com (-2)
05. brownsfashion.com (-1)
06. gbyguess.com (new)
07. missselfridge.com (re-entry)
08. generalpants.com.au (new)
09. lagarconne.com (-4)
10. net-a-porter.com (-7)
01. Kate Middleton (new)
02. Anne Hathaway (new)
03. Kate Moss (re-entry)
04. Liv Tyler (new)
05. Leighton Meester (+4)
06. Isabeli Fontana (new)
07. Kim Kardashian (re-entry)
08. Carmen Kass (new)
09. Constance Jablonski (new)
10. Coco Rocha (new)
01. boat shoes (new)
02. body con dresses (re-entry)
03. flatform shoes (+6)
04. motorcycle jackets (re-entry)
05. kitten heels (new)
06. metallics (re-entry)
07. cocktail rings (re-entry)
08. cuff bracelets (re-entry)
09. mini skirts (re-entry)
10. leather messenger bags (re-entry)
Data collected on May 10.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
Private school refuses to readmit anorexic pupil because her presence would be 'too disruptive to the rest of the year group,' mother claims
'It's brusquely intimate': A bereaved daughter tackles the task of emptying her father's flat
Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
International Women's Day 2014: Google Doodle compiles celebratory video
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Channel 4 announces two-hour TV show to be broadcast 'Live from Space' later this month
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...
£40k to £50k pa OTE £80k: Charter Selection: My client, a leading profitable a...