Kate Middleton tops of online fashion icons
Tuesday 10 May 2011
The new Duchess of Cambridge manages to make a fragrance
sell out without her fans even knowing what it smells like, so it comes as no surprise that her fashion choices - which you can actually see - prompt an equal or larger craze.
Middleton has rocketed to the top of Polyvore's top celebrities, inspiring countless sets on her style and corresponding shopping inspiration, which is helping her favorite brands such as Reiss to climb up the rankings, too (the UK store is in first place in websites this week).
But the princess is not the only new style reference on the site, which also lists models Carmen Kass, Coco Rocha, and Isabeli Fontana as well as actresses Liv Tyler and Anne Hathaway in its top ten for the first time.
In brands, Alexander McQueen is enjoying boosts from both the royal wedding and the Savage Beauty exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York that set an attendance record on its opening day, but TopShop stays on top. First-timer Jane Norman is inspiring Polyvore users to easy, breezy summer looks.
Finally, a striking trend toward comfortable footwear can be observed, with boat shoes, flatforms, and kitten heels dominating the ranking, and not a single high heel in sight.
01. TopShop (+1)
02. G by Guess (new)
03. 3.1 Phillip Lim (re-entry)
04. Alexander McQueen (re-entry)
05. Balmain (-2)
06. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
07. Jane Norman (new)
08. Isabel Marant (re-entry)
09. Miss Selfridge (re-entry)
10. H&M (re-entry)
01. reissonline.com (new)
02. boutique1.com (new)
03. karenmillen.com (+3)
04. topshop.com (-2)
05. brownsfashion.com (-1)
06. gbyguess.com (new)
07. missselfridge.com (re-entry)
08. generalpants.com.au (new)
09. lagarconne.com (-4)
10. net-a-porter.com (-7)
01. Kate Middleton (new)
02. Anne Hathaway (new)
03. Kate Moss (re-entry)
04. Liv Tyler (new)
05. Leighton Meester (+4)
06. Isabeli Fontana (new)
07. Kim Kardashian (re-entry)
08. Carmen Kass (new)
09. Constance Jablonski (new)
10. Coco Rocha (new)
01. boat shoes (new)
02. body con dresses (re-entry)
03. flatform shoes (+6)
04. motorcycle jackets (re-entry)
05. kitten heels (new)
06. metallics (re-entry)
07. cocktail rings (re-entry)
08. cuff bracelets (re-entry)
09. mini skirts (re-entry)
10. leather messenger bags (re-entry)
Data collected on May 10.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 One Direction: Louis Tomlinson launching his own record label, has already 'signed two acts'
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...