Kate Middleton tops of online fashion icons
Tuesday 10 May 2011
The new Duchess of Cambridge manages to make a fragrance
sell out without her fans even knowing what it smells like, so it comes as no surprise that her fashion choices - which you can actually see - prompt an equal or larger craze.
Middleton has rocketed to the top of Polyvore's top celebrities, inspiring countless sets on her style and corresponding shopping inspiration, which is helping her favorite brands such as Reiss to climb up the rankings, too (the UK store is in first place in websites this week).
But the princess is not the only new style reference on the site, which also lists models Carmen Kass, Coco Rocha, and Isabeli Fontana as well as actresses Liv Tyler and Anne Hathaway in its top ten for the first time.
In brands, Alexander McQueen is enjoying boosts from both the royal wedding and the Savage Beauty exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York that set an attendance record on its opening day, but TopShop stays on top. First-timer Jane Norman is inspiring Polyvore users to easy, breezy summer looks.
Finally, a striking trend toward comfortable footwear can be observed, with boat shoes, flatforms, and kitten heels dominating the ranking, and not a single high heel in sight.
01. TopShop (+1)
02. G by Guess (new)
03. 3.1 Phillip Lim (re-entry)
04. Alexander McQueen (re-entry)
05. Balmain (-2)
06. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
07. Jane Norman (new)
08. Isabel Marant (re-entry)
09. Miss Selfridge (re-entry)
10. H&M (re-entry)
01. reissonline.com (new)
02. boutique1.com (new)
03. karenmillen.com (+3)
04. topshop.com (-2)
05. brownsfashion.com (-1)
06. gbyguess.com (new)
07. missselfridge.com (re-entry)
08. generalpants.com.au (new)
09. lagarconne.com (-4)
10. net-a-porter.com (-7)
01. Kate Middleton (new)
02. Anne Hathaway (new)
03. Kate Moss (re-entry)
04. Liv Tyler (new)
05. Leighton Meester (+4)
06. Isabeli Fontana (new)
07. Kim Kardashian (re-entry)
08. Carmen Kass (new)
09. Constance Jablonski (new)
10. Coco Rocha (new)
01. boat shoes (new)
02. body con dresses (re-entry)
03. flatform shoes (+6)
04. motorcycle jackets (re-entry)
05. kitten heels (new)
06. metallics (re-entry)
07. cocktail rings (re-entry)
08. cuff bracelets (re-entry)
09. mini skirts (re-entry)
10. leather messenger bags (re-entry)
Data collected on May 10.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Replica cars: The 'new classics' roaring back into the lead
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: which is the best?
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Job opportunity for an Early years ...
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£70 - £100 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Experienced bursar or business...
Competitive & Flexible: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education are l...