Kiehl's spa now open
Thursday 21 July 2011
Hip spa chains like Bliss are in for some serious competition: the cult beauty brand Kiehl's launched its first-ever spa in New York, the city where it all began 160 years ago, on Wednesday.
Fans of the label will be able to enjoy treatments performed exclusively with its products in a two-story locale at 157 East 64th Street on the Upper East Side.
The ground floor hosts a conventional Kiehl's store (the second one in Manhattan), while the spa called 1851 - alluding to the brand's founding year - occupies the second floor.
"Our customers have asked us about opening a spa for years, and in this monumental year, as we celebrate 160 years, it's fitting that we're finally able to offer New Yorkers unique skin and body treatments using their favorite Kiehl's ingredients," president Chris Salgardo said in a statement.
Staying true to its apothecary history, each session starts with a personal consultation, which will then lead to highly customized treatments. Apart from infusion therapies and hand-blended masques, there also are anti-aging facials such as Microdermabrasion and Micro Current Stimulation. And Kiehl's wouldn't be Kiehl's if there weren't some hip perks in store, like limited-edition Havaianas, iPads, and artwork by David LaChapelle.
By the way: men are welcome to pop in for a cut or a shave. Prices range from $15 for a mustache trim to $330 for the Ultimate Kiehl's Body Restoration.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
- < Previous
- Next >
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - An excellent new instruction w...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server Developer SQL, PHP, C#, Real Time,...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, Win Forms, WPF, WCF, MVVM...