Lady Gaga to model in Mugler runway show
Wednesday 02 March 2011
The takeover of Thierry Mugler's runway presentations by Lady Gaga and her stylist Nicola Formichetti has come full circle with Gaga confirming via Twitter that she will walk in the show on March 2 at 9:30pm CET.
The tweet reads: "I'm making my debut as a runway model, walking in the MUGLER PARIS FASHIONSHOW 3/2. I directed the show music, previewing Government Hooker," with "previewing" meaning that the singer will premiere a never-heard-before track during the show.
The level of anticipation is mounting after Formichetti released an alienesque inspiration video alluding to Mugler's iconic Alien fragrance, featuring a sculpture by artist Rein Vollenga, that is supposed to hint at the collection's pieces, likely to feature pointy sculpted shoulders and anatomy-inspired creations.
The fashion house, which now goes under the name of just Mugler, will broadcast its show to its Facebook profile. The live stream will also feature backstage coverage from six different camera angles on one split screen.
Formichetti's first runway presentation for the label during men's fashion week in Paris caused a stir thanks to the appearance of the tattooed model Rick Genest aka "Zombie Boy."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...