Lauren Conrad launches beauty site
Wednesday 20 April 2011
The American reality TV star is setting out to become the Rachel Zoe of beauty, having launched her own website called The Beauty Department on April 19.
Just like stylist Zoe does for fashion with her Zoe Report, Conrad is using her star power to combine new products and trends with her personal taste at a new web destination.
Together with her hair stylist Kristin Ess, she will be covering "all kinds of hair+makeup how-to's, nail trends, skin issues, tools, current obsessions & inspirations, as well as countless quick tips," Conrad promises on the site.
Followers of the beauty blogosphere might have noticed that its name clashes with Glamour's highly popular blog, Girls in the Beauty Department, but Conrad has inspired countless beauty tutorials on YouTube (especially on her famous sidebraid) and recently published two style guides, so the The Hills star is developing into a beauty authority to be reckoned with.
So far, The Beauty Department features tutorials on "ombre nails" as well as a vintage hairstyle, among others. Find out more at http://thebeautydepartment.com.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...