Levi's opens online store in China
Wednesday 02 March 2011
US jeanswear giant Levi Strauss and Co has opened an Internet store on China's largest retail website Taobao as it seeks to grab a share of the fast growing online consumer market.
"Levi's launched their flagship online store in China on the Taobao Mall platform a few days ago," a spokeswoman for Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, which owns Taobao, told AFP.
More than 200 products are available and Levi's plans to launch exclusive online-only styles, she said.
Taobao Mall is a business-to-consumer platform operated by Taobao, which also provides a consumer-to-consumer service.
E-commerce has been expanding in China as more companies set up online stores to cut costs and improve efficiency.
Levi's is the latest foreign clothing brand to target the country's Internet market, which now has 457 million web users.
Sportswear giant Adidas has opened a flagship online store on Taobao along with US clothing retailer Gap and Japan's Uniqlo.
Levi's has more than 500 outlets in China. The company in August launched a new brand "dENiZEN" targeting young consumers in China and other Asian markets.
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
Fashion Revolution Day: wear your clothes inside out and ask #whomademyclothes to support worker welfare
The world's first edible garden of cake
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...