Levi's opens online store in China
Wednesday 02 March 2011
US jeanswear giant Levi Strauss and Co has opened an Internet store on China's largest retail website Taobao as it seeks to grab a share of the fast growing online consumer market.
"Levi's launched their flagship online store in China on the Taobao Mall platform a few days ago," a spokeswoman for Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, which owns Taobao, told AFP.
More than 200 products are available and Levi's plans to launch exclusive online-only styles, she said.
Taobao Mall is a business-to-consumer platform operated by Taobao, which also provides a consumer-to-consumer service.
E-commerce has been expanding in China as more companies set up online stores to cut costs and improve efficiency.
Levi's is the latest foreign clothing brand to target the country's Internet market, which now has 457 million web users.
Sportswear giant Adidas has opened a flagship online store on Taobao along with US clothing retailer Gap and Japan's Uniqlo.
Levi's has more than 500 outlets in China. The company in August launched a new brand "dENiZEN" targeting young consumers in China and other Asian markets.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...