Lips like morphine now a reality thanks to new balm
Wednesday 27 April 2011
Want to be sure you leave your kissing partner tingling with excitement? Morphine Lips might be the answer: the new product - inspired by Kill Hannah's song "Lips Like Morphine" - numbs your lips for a kiss "they will never forget."
Vitamin E, beeswax, shea nut, coconut and grape seed oil, jojoba - there are no surprises in the list of lip balm ingredients until you get to the benzocaine, a local anesthetic agent normally used in everything from first aid sprays to condoms.
The four-percent dose of the ingredient is enough to numb your lips for five to seven minutes. "Use Morphine Lips before making your move and going in for the kiss," it says on the product's website. "After your lips touch, it will leave your victim's lips numb and their hearts racing."
Priced at $17.50, the balm is available in mint as well as mango and peach flavoring. A Naked version comes with a matte finish but without numbing.
Looking for other body parts to numb? The newly released Bare Ease panties ($25), developed by anesthesiologist Dr. Edna Ma, ensure painless bikini waxing.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...