London Fashion Week to release music compilation
Wednesday 16 February 2011
The British Fashion Council will again launch a CD right after London Fashion Week (February 18-23) with songs celebrating the "creative relationship between fashion and music," selected by UK designer Matthew Williamson.
The release is part of a new series started last season by the BFC/Bazaar Fashion Arts Foundation and recording label Sony, which will also host the Music Moves Fashion Café during London Fashion Week, providing live DJ sets in the evenings.
Commenting on music's importance for a fashion show, Williamson said: "The most exciting moment is when the lights go down and the music begins at a fashion week show; selecting the right music is so crucial to expressing the inspiration behind a collection. I don't mind that it's subjective; I love how music takes people to different places."
Music has played this role in fashion for a long time, but a recent trend has seen the relationship being emphasized, including the internationally touring Fashion Rocks showcase or Copenhagen's Tunes on Fashion event, which both combined performers in music with fashion shows.
Scheduled for release through iTunes, Amazon, HMV, Play as well as selected contemporary fashion boutiques on February 28, The Collection for London Fashion Week (£12.99, or $21) will feature the following track list:
1. Marlena Shaw - "California Soul"
2. Empire Of The Sun - "Walking On A Dream"
3. The Temper Trap - "Sweet Disposition"
4. Best Coast - "I Want To"
5. I Blame Coco - "Selfmachine"
6. Róisín Murphy - "Overpowered"
7. Kelis featuring André 3000 - "Millionaire"
8. The Charlatans - "The Misbegotten"
9. Ladyhawke - "Back Of The Van"
10. The Raveonettes - "Lust"
11. Santigold - "L.E.S. Artistes"
12. Cold War Kids - "Hang Me Up To Dry"
13. Ali Love - "Love Harder"
14. Oh Land - "Sun Of A Gun (Yuksek Remix)"
15. Brazilian Girls - "Pussy"
16. Passion Pit - "Sleepyhead"
17. Caribou - "Bees"
18. 4hero - "Morning Child"
Life & Style blogs
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Duchess of Cambridge wears Alexander McQueen (again) for Princess Charlotte’s Christening
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 Isis flag: What do the words mean and what are its origins?
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
£16000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for individual...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£40000 - £95000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Vehicle Inspectors / Pu...