London Fashion Week to release music compilation
Wednesday 16 February 2011
The British Fashion Council will again launch a CD right after London Fashion Week (February 18-23) with songs celebrating the "creative relationship between fashion and music," selected by UK designer Matthew Williamson.
The release is part of a new series started last season by the BFC/Bazaar Fashion Arts Foundation and recording label Sony, which will also host the Music Moves Fashion Café during London Fashion Week, providing live DJ sets in the evenings.
Commenting on music's importance for a fashion show, Williamson said: "The most exciting moment is when the lights go down and the music begins at a fashion week show; selecting the right music is so crucial to expressing the inspiration behind a collection. I don't mind that it's subjective; I love how music takes people to different places."
Music has played this role in fashion for a long time, but a recent trend has seen the relationship being emphasized, including the internationally touring Fashion Rocks showcase or Copenhagen's Tunes on Fashion event, which both combined performers in music with fashion shows.
Scheduled for release through iTunes, Amazon, HMV, Play as well as selected contemporary fashion boutiques on February 28, The Collection for London Fashion Week (£12.99, or $21) will feature the following track list:
1. Marlena Shaw - "California Soul"
2. Empire Of The Sun - "Walking On A Dream"
3. The Temper Trap - "Sweet Disposition"
4. Best Coast - "I Want To"
5. I Blame Coco - "Selfmachine"
6. Róisín Murphy - "Overpowered"
7. Kelis featuring André 3000 - "Millionaire"
8. The Charlatans - "The Misbegotten"
9. Ladyhawke - "Back Of The Van"
10. The Raveonettes - "Lust"
11. Santigold - "L.E.S. Artistes"
12. Cold War Kids - "Hang Me Up To Dry"
13. Ali Love - "Love Harder"
14. Oh Land - "Sun Of A Gun (Yuksek Remix)"
15. Brazilian Girls - "Pussy"
16. Passion Pit - "Sleepyhead"
17. Caribou - "Bees"
18. 4hero - "Morning Child"
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps Pacman: company offers chance to play arcade classic on streets around the world
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
Facebook virtual reality optical illusion less impressive than originally thought
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...