London Fashion Week to release music compilation
Wednesday 16 February 2011
The British Fashion Council will again launch a CD right after London Fashion Week (February 18-23) with songs celebrating the "creative relationship between fashion and music," selected by UK designer Matthew Williamson.
The release is part of a new series started last season by the BFC/Bazaar Fashion Arts Foundation and recording label Sony, which will also host the Music Moves Fashion Café during London Fashion Week, providing live DJ sets in the evenings.
Commenting on music's importance for a fashion show, Williamson said: "The most exciting moment is when the lights go down and the music begins at a fashion week show; selecting the right music is so crucial to expressing the inspiration behind a collection. I don't mind that it's subjective; I love how music takes people to different places."
Music has played this role in fashion for a long time, but a recent trend has seen the relationship being emphasized, including the internationally touring Fashion Rocks showcase or Copenhagen's Tunes on Fashion event, which both combined performers in music with fashion shows.
Scheduled for release through iTunes, Amazon, HMV, Play as well as selected contemporary fashion boutiques on February 28, The Collection for London Fashion Week (£12.99, or $21) will feature the following track list:
1. Marlena Shaw - "California Soul"
2. Empire Of The Sun - "Walking On A Dream"
3. The Temper Trap - "Sweet Disposition"
4. Best Coast - "I Want To"
5. I Blame Coco - "Selfmachine"
6. Róisín Murphy - "Overpowered"
7. Kelis featuring André 3000 - "Millionaire"
8. The Charlatans - "The Misbegotten"
9. Ladyhawke - "Back Of The Van"
10. The Raveonettes - "Lust"
11. Santigold - "L.E.S. Artistes"
12. Cold War Kids - "Hang Me Up To Dry"
13. Ali Love - "Love Harder"
14. Oh Land - "Sun Of A Gun (Yuksek Remix)"
15. Brazilian Girls - "Pussy"
16. Passion Pit - "Sleepyhead"
17. Caribou - "Bees"
18. 4hero - "Morning Child"
Life & Style blogs
Dating site hack reveals sexual secrets of 4 million users
Anorexic actress Rachael Farrokh told by hospitals she is too skinny to treat
Meditation is touted as a cure for mental instability but can it actually be bad for you?
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 JK Rowling horrified by Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis's raunchy photoshoot
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...