London Fashion Week to release music compilation
Wednesday 16 February 2011
The British Fashion Council will again launch a CD right after London Fashion Week (February 18-23) with songs celebrating the "creative relationship between fashion and music," selected by UK designer Matthew Williamson.
The release is part of a new series started last season by the BFC/Bazaar Fashion Arts Foundation and recording label Sony, which will also host the Music Moves Fashion Café during London Fashion Week, providing live DJ sets in the evenings.
Commenting on music's importance for a fashion show, Williamson said: "The most exciting moment is when the lights go down and the music begins at a fashion week show; selecting the right music is so crucial to expressing the inspiration behind a collection. I don't mind that it's subjective; I love how music takes people to different places."
Music has played this role in fashion for a long time, but a recent trend has seen the relationship being emphasized, including the internationally touring Fashion Rocks showcase or Copenhagen's Tunes on Fashion event, which both combined performers in music with fashion shows.
Scheduled for release through iTunes, Amazon, HMV, Play as well as selected contemporary fashion boutiques on February 28, The Collection for London Fashion Week (£12.99, or $21) will feature the following track list:
1. Marlena Shaw - "California Soul"
2. Empire Of The Sun - "Walking On A Dream"
3. The Temper Trap - "Sweet Disposition"
4. Best Coast - "I Want To"
5. I Blame Coco - "Selfmachine"
6. Róisín Murphy - "Overpowered"
7. Kelis featuring André 3000 - "Millionaire"
8. The Charlatans - "The Misbegotten"
9. Ladyhawke - "Back Of The Van"
10. The Raveonettes - "Lust"
11. Santigold - "L.E.S. Artistes"
12. Cold War Kids - "Hang Me Up To Dry"
13. Ali Love - "Love Harder"
14. Oh Land - "Sun Of A Gun (Yuksek Remix)"
15. Brazilian Girls - "Pussy"
16. Passion Pit - "Sleepyhead"
17. Caribou - "Bees"
18. 4hero - "Morning Child"
Life & Style blogs
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Bulletproof Coffee: is adding butter to your coffee a good way to start the day?
Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
£19200 - £26880 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: In NVQ Ass...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Secondary supply teac...
£400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client are currently seekin...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Network Manager - Shepherd's Bush...