Louboutin opens men's store, madness ensues
Saturday 10 September 2011
Women's Wear Daily, French shoe designer Christian Louboutin has been selling 25 pairs, costing hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars, in his first-ever men's store in Paris that opened in August.
Apparently, the more lavish models are most popular, with Louboutin telling the trade paper that his male customers "come in and they say, 'What do you have with studs?'" and that his studded high-top sneakers ($993) and a more elaborate version with crystals ($2,278) belong to his bestsellers.
The new boutique, which can be found at 19 rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau in the first arrondissement, will also feature a tattoo room where you can have your shoes inked. Writes WWD: "Here, Louboutin plans a made-to-order service offering men the chance to have their emblematic tattoos - which he describes as a modern-day version of family crests - embroidered onto shoes, a service which will take about three months."
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to cost the same, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the word become popular?
Ashley Madison leak reveals Cambridge as the UK's cheating capital
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique & exciting opp...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will be working with a 8 st...
£8000 - £12000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A unique opportunity has arisen ...