Louboutin sees red, sues YSL over soles in US
Monday 11 April 2011
French footwear star Christian Louboutin has filed suit against rival Yves Saint-Laurent in New York, alleging a deceitful use of red soles on YSL's women's shoes, court documents say.
The million-dollar suit for "trademark infringement, unfair competition and false designation of origin" filed on Thursday in Manhattan claims Louboutin was the first to come up with the idea of a scarlet sole on its luxury heels.
Louboutin - whose glam footwear was a focus of conversation on the television series "Sex and the City" - charges that YSL's use of red soles amounts to deception. His shoes typically cost $1,000-4,000 a pair.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Japanese plant experts produce 10,000 lettuce heads a day in LED-lit indoor farm
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
£70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Information Security Manager (ISO 27001, A...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Integration...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + ex bens: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Biztalk Te...