Louboutin sees red, sues YSL over soles in US
Monday 11 April 2011
French footwear star Christian Louboutin has filed suit against rival Yves Saint-Laurent in New York, alleging a deceitful use of red soles on YSL's women's shoes, court documents say.
The million-dollar suit for "trademark infringement, unfair competition and false designation of origin" filed on Thursday in Manhattan claims Louboutin was the first to come up with the idea of a scarlet sole on its luxury heels.
Louboutin - whose glam footwear was a focus of conversation on the television series "Sex and the City" - charges that YSL's use of red soles amounts to deception. His shoes typically cost $1,000-4,000 a pair.
Life & Style blogs
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...