Louboutin sees red, sues YSL over soles in US
Monday 11 April 2011
French footwear star Christian Louboutin has filed suit against rival Yves Saint-Laurent in New York, alleging a deceitful use of red soles on YSL's women's shoes, court documents say.
The million-dollar suit for "trademark infringement, unfair competition and false designation of origin" filed on Thursday in Manhattan claims Louboutin was the first to come up with the idea of a scarlet sole on its luxury heels.
Louboutin - whose glam footwear was a focus of conversation on the television series "Sex and the City" - charges that YSL's use of red soles amounts to deception. His shoes typically cost $1,000-4,000 a pair.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£75 - £90 per day + negotiable: Randstad Education Group: Are you a cover supe...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...