Manhattan goes to Munich, releases Oktoberfest-themed beauty range
Friday 26 August 2011
Following fashion designers' obsession with dirndls and other German traditional wear, beauty labels seem to be picking up on the trend.
German brand Manhattan Cosmetics is gearing up for the world's biggest beer bash, launching an Oktoberfest-inspired collection of lipsticks and blushes, all designed to recreate that Heidi-like rosy freshness. A mini mascara to fit into your handbag and some blotting paper (it's going to be hot in those tents!) in a cute picnic blanket packaging are also part of the range.
Just last year, numerous designers included re-interpretations of the dirndl, German women's traditional dress. Karl Lagerfeld not only included the dirndl at Fendi but also sent out loden jackets and felt skirts. Dark green and grey, the colors of German men's traditional outfits, dominated the German-born designer's runway for the Italian label. Even London wild child Christopher Kane embroidered flowers onto his little black dresses and went for dirndl-inspired necklines, before Marc Jacobs gave the dirndl one of the highest fashion accolades, integrating the style into his Louis Vuitton collection.
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...