Mario Sorrenti to shoot next Pirelli calendar
Thursday 28 April 2011
The illustrious calendar's casting director, Jennifer Starr, has confirmed that Italian photographer Mario Sorrenti is 2012's Pirelli man,
Karl Lagerfeld, Terry Richardson, or Patrick Demarchelier were chosen to shoot the limited-edition calendar, which is commissioned by Italian tire company Pirelli, in past years.
Sorrenti, who is best known for his artful nudes in the pages of magazines such as Vogue, is expected to bring back a high-fashion feel following Lagerfeld's timelessly elegant and Richardson's sexually provocative pictures.
This year's model cast, which regularly includes the freshest and most famous of faces, has not been confirmed.
Pirelli's calendar gets released at the end of the year, but only to a handful of the company's clients and business partners. A more accessible option is French Vogue's yearly calendar, for instance, which is just as racy and fashionable and which also enlists the world's top photographers and fashion models.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...