Mario Sorrenti to shoot next Pirelli calendar
Thursday 28 April 2011
The illustrious calendar's casting director, Jennifer Starr, has confirmed that Italian photographer Mario Sorrenti is 2012's Pirelli man,
Karl Lagerfeld, Terry Richardson, or Patrick Demarchelier were chosen to shoot the limited-edition calendar, which is commissioned by Italian tire company Pirelli, in past years.
Sorrenti, who is best known for his artful nudes in the pages of magazines such as Vogue, is expected to bring back a high-fashion feel following Lagerfeld's timelessly elegant and Richardson's sexually provocative pictures.
This year's model cast, which regularly includes the freshest and most famous of faces, has not been confirmed.
Pirelli's calendar gets released at the end of the year, but only to a handful of the company's clients and business partners. A more accessible option is French Vogue's yearly calendar, for instance, which is just as racy and fashionable and which also enlists the world's top photographers and fashion models.
Life & Style blogs
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
When is a wine made in Piedmont not a Piemonte wine? When EU rules make Italian vineyards invisible
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CORPORATE - Corporate Solicitor NQ+ An excelle...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...