Marni to sell vintage pieces from past collections online
Friday 05 November 2010
It's not everyday that a designer reissues old pieces from past collections, but from November 5 through December 2, designer Consuelo Castiglioni of Marni is doing just that on the company's e-commerce site. Online shoppers will be able to purchase revived vintage Marni ready-to-wear and accessories alongside items from the current Fall/Winter 2010 collection.
The Italian label sells womenswear, menswear, handbags, jewelry, and eyewear. It is known for its quirky, bohemian vibe and caused a stir when it released a pair of standalone men's leggings for its first men's collection in 2007. Its line for women is equally off-beat - making a statement through color, prints and shape rather than through overt sex appeal. It's a brand that few men find sexy, but women adore for its originality.
Marni's initiative is unique given the lack of occasion behind it. Most designers who have resurrected pieces from past collections did so in order to celebrate a milestone. Betsey Johnson feted her company's 30th anniversary by launching an archive collection of 35 pieces for Fall 2009. The collection, sold at Opening Ceremony in New York and LA, included clothing and accessories from her eponymous label as well as her Alley Cat and Paraphernalia lines which date back to the Sixties. Most recently, Anna Sui commemorated her brand's 30th anniversary by reissuing three iconic dresses (from her Fall 2005, Spring 2001, and Spring 2007 collections) to sell exclusively at Anthropologie stores this season.
Shop for vintage Marni online: http://www.marni.com/home.asp?tskay=2FA4E164
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...