Million dollar bottle: DKNY creates world's most expensive perfume flask
Tuesday 09 August 2011
The New York fashion brand has partnered with celebrity jeweler Martin Katz to create the first million-dollar fragrance bottle for charity.
Unveiled by YouTube beauty vlogger Elle Fowley - more proof of bloggers' growing influence within the beauty industry - the flacon is made from 14-karat yellow and white gold, featuring almost 3,000 precious stones sourced from all over the world.
Including a turquoise Paraiba tourmaline from Brazil, an oval cabochon sapphire from Sri Lanka, round pink diamonds from Australia, round rose cut diamonds, an oval cut ruby and a pear shape rose cut diamond, the gemstones were handplaced by Katz to form the skyline of Manhattan that is so closely associated with DKNY.
The bottle, which contains the brand's new Golden Delicious fragrance and keeps its original apple shape, will be showcased across the globe before being sold to benefit the Action Against Hunger charity. You can keep track at http://www.facebook.com/dknyfragrances.
Go behind the- scenes of the making of the fragrance bottle with Martin Katz at http://youtu.be/gBkweUwdnqQ.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Do you get a buzz from thinking up new ideas a...
£14500 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£7 - £8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This expanding, vibrant charity which su...
£16500 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's leading...