Moscow art museum honors Dior
Wednesday 27 April 2011
After the John Galliano debacle, Christian Dior can use all the positive publicity it can get, and a new retrospective of its history at the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts sets out to bring back the fashion house's magic.
Opening on April 28, the exhibit showcasing the brand's 64-year history will not only present its collections over the years - designed by the founder itself as well as the likes of Yves Saint Laurent or Gianfranco Ferré - but also juxtapose them with works of art by Van Gogh or Klimt as well as photographs by Richard Avedon and Man Ray. Galliano's creations are also part of the exhibition.
According to the Voice of Russia newspaper, exhibition halls will be themed, with one focusing on the flower motif, another on Dior's work process, and so on. The luxury house's famous perfumes as well as statement accessories will also be on display.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
How to discover who your best friends are on WhatsApp - using a tool within the application
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This recognized leader in providing software s...
£40000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT support company has a n...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A works engineer is required in a progressive ...