Naomi Campbell to design denim collection
Thursday 23 June 2011
Italian fashion brand Fiorucci has announced it will steer its collections into a new direction starting next spring, with the help of the British supermodel.
A denim range designed by Campbell, set to be launched with the rest of the label's spring/summer 2012 collection, will include 15 items, which are "cut to enhance and flatter women's figures," such as "pants with sexy push-up effect," according to a press release.
It remains to be seen whether Fiorucci, which has been losing in relevance over the past years, will be able to rejuvenate the brand using the designs of an "old-line" model, but t-shirts printed with the covers of various i-D Magazine issues featuring Naomi, planned to go with the release, will certainly help stir up some buzz.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5C could be killed next year, and Apple’s cheap and cheerful line might die with it
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: Best fashion deals -online and on the high-street
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: SURREY MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: What do you want to do with your career? Do yo...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company is a leading expert in immunoassa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Development Scientist is required to join a ...