New interactive beauty ads on iPad yield customized shopping tips
Friday 24 June 2011
Lancôme and Maybelline have launched a new generation of beauty ads for the iPad, and L'Oréal Paris is to follow later this month, reports
Women's Wear Daily.
According to the trade paper, as part of the mobile advertising service, users will be able to answer questions about their hair and skin in order to receive recommendations for customized products. Gwen Stefani's Infallible Le Rouge commercial will also appear in the ad, as will tutorials and trend reports.
Lancôme, which is owned by L'Oréal, already released similar ads last month that featured the Trésor fragrance commercial together with the option to send personalized Mother's Day messages, while Maybelline, another L'Oréal brand, went for a similar strategy to L'Oréal Paris, helping customers to find the right product.
Digitally customizing recommendations is a growing trend in beauty, with more and more brands releasing shopping guides for the iPhone and iPad, such as Firmenich's ozMoz app.
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...