New interactive beauty ads on iPad yield customized shopping tips
Friday 24 June 2011
Lancôme and Maybelline have launched a new generation of beauty ads for the iPad, and L'Oréal Paris is to follow later this month, reports
Women's Wear Daily.
According to the trade paper, as part of the mobile advertising service, users will be able to answer questions about their hair and skin in order to receive recommendations for customized products. Gwen Stefani's Infallible Le Rouge commercial will also appear in the ad, as will tutorials and trend reports.
Lancôme, which is owned by L'Oréal, already released similar ads last month that featured the Trésor fragrance commercial together with the option to send personalized Mother's Day messages, while Maybelline, another L'Oréal brand, went for a similar strategy to L'Oréal Paris, helping customers to find the right product.
Digitally customizing recommendations is a growing trend in beauty, with more and more brands releasing shopping guides for the iPhone and iPad, such as Firmenich's ozMoz app.
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
Contraceptive pill 'can affect emotions by changing structure of brain'
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...