New York models are pretty in pink - hair, that is
Tuesday 15 February 2011
If grey was last year's most debated hair color - just remember Tavi Gevinson's and Kate Moss's much-discussed styles - 2011 is shaping up to be the year of the pink punk, with models such as Charlotte Free making a splash at New York fashion week.
Vogue Russia heralded pink hair on Naomi Campbell for its April issue last year, and this month, its US counterpart has followed, putting a pink-wigged Lady Gaga on its cover.
French fashion house Givenchy cast a pink-haired Malgosia Bela for its fall/winter 2010 campaign, and now fashion's love affair with the color is growing with several New York designers using its impact in their fashion shows: Richard Chai and Charlotte Ronson both cast newcomer Charlotte Free, sporting a 1990s-inspired hairstyle in the hue, while Richie Rich put a wild, teased pink 'do on one of his models.
Most looks were punk-inspired, as seen at Mandy Coon where models donned blue, orange, and pink fringes, but in some cases - such as on Untitled Bamboo's runway - the color managed to look polished and girly in a romantic, princess-y way.
Life & Style blogs
Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
This is how to react when you receive a terrible birthday present
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
Ashley Madison hacker could be posting on Twitter as 'Thadeus Zu', researcher claims
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
£13000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to be part of a ...
£19000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT and Telecoms company ar...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...