New York models are pretty in pink - hair, that is
Tuesday 15 February 2011
If grey was last year's most debated hair color - just remember Tavi Gevinson's and Kate Moss's much-discussed styles - 2011 is shaping up to be the year of the pink punk, with models such as Charlotte Free making a splash at New York fashion week.
Vogue Russia heralded pink hair on Naomi Campbell for its April issue last year, and this month, its US counterpart has followed, putting a pink-wigged Lady Gaga on its cover.
French fashion house Givenchy cast a pink-haired Malgosia Bela for its fall/winter 2010 campaign, and now fashion's love affair with the color is growing with several New York designers using its impact in their fashion shows: Richard Chai and Charlotte Ronson both cast newcomer Charlotte Free, sporting a 1990s-inspired hairstyle in the hue, while Richie Rich put a wild, teased pink 'do on one of his models.
Most looks were punk-inspired, as seen at Mandy Coon where models donned blue, orange, and pink fringes, but in some cases - such as on Untitled Bamboo's runway - the color managed to look polished and girly in a romantic, princess-y way.
Life & Style blogs
Dating site hack reveals sexual secrets of 4 million users
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
Near-death experiences: what it feels like to die
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Group of students refused entry to Leicester nightclub 'because they are black'
- 3 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 4 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
- 5 France makes it illegal for supermarkets to destroy edible food in effort to cut waste
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...