£81,000 for Beatrice's wedding hat
Monday 23 May 2011
The hat worn by Princess Beatrice to the royal wedding has raised £81,100 for charity in an online auction.
The Philip Treacy headpiece divided opinion when the 22-year-old wore it, and has been compared to a pretzel and a toilet seat.
Billed as "unique sculptural celebratory headpiece", it was auctioned on eBay to raise money for charities Unicef and Children in Crisis. The new owner has not been indentified. Commenting on the auction page, the Princess said: "I've been amazed by the amount of attention the hat has attracted.
"It's a wonderful opportunity to raise as much money as possible for two fantastic charities."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...