£81,000 for Beatrice's wedding hat
Monday 23 May 2011
The hat worn by Princess Beatrice to the royal wedding has raised £81,100 for charity in an online auction.
The Philip Treacy headpiece divided opinion when the 22-year-old wore it, and has been compared to a pretzel and a toilet seat.
Billed as "unique sculptural celebratory headpiece", it was auctioned on eBay to raise money for charities Unicef and Children in Crisis. The new owner has not been indentified. Commenting on the auction page, the Princess said: "I've been amazed by the amount of attention the hat has attracted.
"It's a wonderful opportunity to raise as much money as possible for two fantastic charities."
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£32000 - £35000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based o...
£40000 - £43000 Per Annum plus company bonus: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: Computer Futures has been est...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...