All eyes check out Cara Delevingne on Burberry catwalk
Tuesday 19 February 2013
Model of the moment Cara Delevingne strode down the Burberry catwalk yesterday in one of the British fashion house's trademark trench coats. Chief Creative Officer Christopher Bailey updated the company's staple design with rubberised sleeves, storm flaps and belt backs. The idea was reprised in oxblood – swiftly becoming one of the shades of the season – and as a rubber pencil skirt, cheekily transparent and worn over heart print knickers.
There was leopard print too, proof that Bailey isn't afraid of embracing archetypes, safe in the knowledge he has modernised this label enough to withstand cliché. Under his leadership, the heritage brand has managed to defy the ubiquitous gloom with its commercial success.
Also showing was Christopher Kane, whose collection received a rapturous reception from heavyweights including Donatella Versace and Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman. It was the 30-year-old Central Saint Martins graduate's first outing since the announcement that French firm PPR had taken a 51 per cent in his label.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Windows 10: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' to unveil new operating system
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
- 1 Green village to be bulldozed and mined for lignite in Germany's quest for non-nuclear fuel
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- < Previous
- Next >
£100 - £110 per day + Plus travel scheme: Randstad Education Cardiff: The Job:...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£100 - £105 per day + plus Travel Scheme: Randstad Education Cardiff: The Job:...
£100 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Would you like to work in ...