All eyes check out Cara Delevingne on Burberry catwalk
Tuesday 19 February 2013
Model of the moment Cara Delevingne strode down the Burberry catwalk yesterday in one of the British fashion house's trademark trench coats. Chief Creative Officer Christopher Bailey updated the company's staple design with rubberised sleeves, storm flaps and belt backs. The idea was reprised in oxblood – swiftly becoming one of the shades of the season – and as a rubber pencil skirt, cheekily transparent and worn over heart print knickers.
There was leopard print too, proof that Bailey isn't afraid of embracing archetypes, safe in the knowledge he has modernised this label enough to withstand cliché. Under his leadership, the heritage brand has managed to defy the ubiquitous gloom with its commercial success.
Also showing was Christopher Kane, whose collection received a rapturous reception from heavyweights including Donatella Versace and Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman. It was the 30-year-old Central Saint Martins graduate's first outing since the announcement that French firm PPR had taken a 51 per cent in his label.
Life & Style blogs
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
It's a bit Kraftwerky chez Christopher Kane - the first menswear shown for the spring 2014, images r...
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Stair-climbing: A step change in keeping fit
Anatomy of a waiter: Service staff spill the secrets of their trade
Exposed: Edward Erin, the doctor whose faked asthma drug test results proved fatal
Government says internet companies are 'turning a blind eye' to online child abuse images as Maria Miller calls on Google, Yahoo and BT to take action
- 1 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 2 Charles Saatchi accepts caution for assault over incident in Scott’s restaurant when he put his hands on throat of wife Nigella Lawson
- 3 Anatomy of a waiter: Service staff spill the secrets of their trade
- 4 Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for another 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
£32000 - £33000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
Excellent Salary Package: Austen Lloyd: We have an outstanding opportunity for...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Room Leader NVQ Level ...