All eyes check out Cara Delevingne on Burberry catwalk
Tuesday 19 February 2013
Model of the moment Cara Delevingne strode down the Burberry catwalk yesterday in one of the British fashion house's trademark trench coats. Chief Creative Officer Christopher Bailey updated the company's staple design with rubberised sleeves, storm flaps and belt backs. The idea was reprised in oxblood – swiftly becoming one of the shades of the season – and as a rubber pencil skirt, cheekily transparent and worn over heart print knickers.
There was leopard print too, proof that Bailey isn't afraid of embracing archetypes, safe in the knowledge he has modernised this label enough to withstand cliché. Under his leadership, the heritage brand has managed to defy the ubiquitous gloom with its commercial success.
Also showing was Christopher Kane, whose collection received a rapturous reception from heavyweights including Donatella Versace and Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman. It was the 30-year-old Central Saint Martins graduate's first outing since the announcement that French firm PPR had taken a 51 per cent in his label.
Life & Style blogs
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 3 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 4 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 5 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...