All eyes check out Cara Delevingne on Burberry catwalk
Tuesday 19 February 2013
Model of the moment Cara Delevingne strode down the Burberry catwalk yesterday in one of the British fashion house's trademark trench coats. Chief Creative Officer Christopher Bailey updated the company's staple design with rubberised sleeves, storm flaps and belt backs. The idea was reprised in oxblood – swiftly becoming one of the shades of the season – and as a rubber pencil skirt, cheekily transparent and worn over heart print knickers.
There was leopard print too, proof that Bailey isn't afraid of embracing archetypes, safe in the knowledge he has modernised this label enough to withstand cliché. Under his leadership, the heritage brand has managed to defy the ubiquitous gloom with its commercial success.
Also showing was Christopher Kane, whose collection received a rapturous reception from heavyweights including Donatella Versace and Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman. It was the 30-year-old Central Saint Martins graduate's first outing since the announcement that French firm PPR had taken a 51 per cent in his label.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- 5 Mrs Doubtfire 2: Robin Williams set to star in sequel to 1993 comedy
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...