All eyes check out Cara Delevingne on Burberry catwalk
Tuesday 19 February 2013
Model of the moment Cara Delevingne strode down the Burberry catwalk yesterday in one of the British fashion house's trademark trench coats. Chief Creative Officer Christopher Bailey updated the company's staple design with rubberised sleeves, storm flaps and belt backs. The idea was reprised in oxblood – swiftly becoming one of the shades of the season – and as a rubber pencil skirt, cheekily transparent and worn over heart print knickers.
There was leopard print too, proof that Bailey isn't afraid of embracing archetypes, safe in the knowledge he has modernised this label enough to withstand cliché. Under his leadership, the heritage brand has managed to defy the ubiquitous gloom with its commercial success.
Also showing was Christopher Kane, whose collection received a rapturous reception from heavyweights including Donatella Versace and Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman. It was the 30-year-old Central Saint Martins graduate's first outing since the announcement that French firm PPR had taken a 51 per cent in his label.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
£50000 - £60000 Per Annum + excellent company benefits: Clearwater People Solu...
£65000 - £70000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based i...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Energy En...
£475 - £550 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Technical Accountant-Insuran...