And the bride wore Saab...
Thursday 08 July 2010
A model in a tulle wedding dress provided a traditional ending to the Elie Saab Haute Couture show in Paris yesterday. With its corseted bodice, veil and yards of tulle, the romantic gown lived up to the fashion show's reputation for grand, extravagant creations fit for real and aspiring princesses.
Lebanese designer Elie Saab has dressed the likes of Beyoncé, Halle Berry and Queen Rania of Jordan, and he focused on a palette of eau de nil, blood red, pale gold and mink, while dramatic floor-length evening dresses dominated the show. Yesterday was the last day of Paris Couture Week, during which grand labels such as Chanel, Dior and Valentino showcased made-to-measure dresses worth tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Bahar Mustafa: Goldsmiths Students' Union diversity officer to keep her job after vote of no confidence petition fails
- 5 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading Solar P...
£18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This organisation is changing the way at...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Web Designer is required to join a f...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to develop an ...