And the bride wore Saab...
Thursday 08 July 2010
A model in a tulle wedding dress provided a traditional ending to the Elie Saab Haute Couture show in Paris yesterday. With its corseted bodice, veil and yards of tulle, the romantic gown lived up to the fashion show's reputation for grand, extravagant creations fit for real and aspiring princesses.
Lebanese designer Elie Saab has dressed the likes of Beyoncé, Halle Berry and Queen Rania of Jordan, and he focused on a palette of eau de nil, blood red, pale gold and mink, while dramatic floor-length evening dresses dominated the show. Yesterday was the last day of Paris Couture Week, during which grand labels such as Chanel, Dior and Valentino showcased made-to-measure dresses worth tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...