Ann Summers given lift by Fifty Shades
Sunday 09 December 2012
Lingerie boss Jacqueline Gold has said the success of the saucy literary hit Fifty Shades of Grey has led to sales at her chain, Ann Summers, going through the roof.
The businesswoman told Hello! magazine: "Not only have we sold out of handcuffs and blindfolds, but it's opened up a lot of new doors on a business level."
Life & Style blogs
Hollywood's new diet: Has LA stolen New York's crown as the ultimate foodie trend-setter?
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
How to respond if someone tells you they've been sexually assaulted
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Psychological impact of nuclear disasters like Fukushima more damaging than the risk from radiation, experts say
- 1 Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 2 As the world mourned the death of Cecil the lion, five endangered elephants were killed in Kenya
- 3 Amazon Prime - how to cancel: after Top Gear hiring, instructions on how to leave premium service
- 4 What is halal meat and why is it controversial?
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
£13520 - £19520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's market leader in Refra...
£35 - £50k DOE: Guru Careers: A Tax Manager / Accountant (ACA / CA / CTA) is n...
£17000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Several opportunities to join t...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working in a small, busy team s...