US beauty shoppers are willing to spend again, and combination sets are still hot, according to Sephora's lists of topselling products.
Skincare products featured on both the 'Natural & Organic' and 'Skincare' top-three rankings are taking shoppers back by hundreds of dollars (Caudalie's Premier Cru La Crème costs $150 and Tanda Clear's Acne Light Therapy Treatment $250, for example), potentially indicating an upward trend in consumers' confidence and an increasing willingness to spend.
Meanwhile, another trend could be indicating the opposite: product combination sets, which save shoppers a lot of money, are still all the hype, with kits being featured in almost all categories, ranging from fragrance to skincare, hair and makeup.
Other tendances include increased sales of Christmas presents, quite early on in the holiday shopping period (in skincare, a gift set even tops the charts), the popularity of solid perfume jewelry (such as Marc Jacobs's Daisy necklace), and a new hair removal tool that finally seems to be succeeding the no!no! hair remover: the Silk'n SensEpil.
Bestsellers in Europe (France) as well as in Asia (China) seem to be stagnating -- whether this is due to technical difficulties or the very steady popularity of products, is not yet clear.
Here are the three top-selling beauty products on Sephora's US website in each sales category:
Natural & Organic
1. Tarte: Treasure Chest
2. L'Occitane: Shea Butter Hand Cream,
3. Caudalie: Premier Cru La Crème
1. Bare Escentuals: bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation
2. Sephora: Ultimate Blockbuster
3. NARS: Blush
1. Bare Escentuals RareMinerals: The Ultimate Skincare Collection
2. Tanda Clear: Acne Light Therapy Treatment
3. Philosophy: The Miracle Worker
1. Marc Jacobs: Daisy Solid Perfume Necklace
2. Sephora: Collector's Edition Fragrance Sampler For Her
3. Sephora: Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Her
Bath & Body
1. Philosophy: Best of Sephora Set
2. L'Occitane: Shea Butter Hand Cream
3. Shiseido: Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 PA+++
1. ghd: Urban Angel Set
2. Frederic Fekkai: Technician Shampoo For Dry, Damaged, Color-Treated Hair
3. Phyto: Phytophanere Dietary Supplement - Hair & Nails
1. TEMPTU: AIRbrush Makeup System
2. Silk'n: Silk'n SensEpil
3. ghd: Urban Angel Set
1. Giorgio Armani: Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme
2. Tend Skin: Tend Skin
3. Sephora: Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Him